LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just check the price you are charged carefully.. We fell foul of a crooked young man who over charged us :-(

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Good walking in and around the area,there is a footpath that takes you through the old airfield,bringing you out at the start of the causway,cross the road and continue to walk up the river bank,crossing the railway line,this will bring you out in Llanbedre,opposite Queen Vic. (Good meals and if in the area without the M/h. A very nice place to stay overnight). Ask at the shop/pub whatever ! about the "Roman Steps". Its a HIKE!! from the pub just to get to them,to far for me,and in anything bigger than a PVC to be avoided,but once at the car park,the walk up to the top of the steps is very good and the views from the top,worth it.It is an old Roman trail,take a picnic.
Love the area,if it is a rainy day,go to the Slate mines,you can spend a wet day there without getting wet."There is nice for you" LOL.
Walk to Llanbedre and catch the train,Barmouth-Portmadoc,or wherever takes your fancy,have fun.
Tea Bag.
PS. It is rumoured that part of the beach is "Nudist" between S/Island and Barmouth,never did get to find out,the mrs kept hold of my braces !!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just check the price you are charged carefully.. We fell foul of a crooked young man who over charged us :-(
It was not until we got home.. I mentioned on here that while it may be a lovely site, at 20 odd quid a night it was vastly over priced
It was then someone told me how much we SHOULD have paid.
Dug out the receipt ( read scrap of paper ) and double checked..
Absolutely no point in complaining to the site as quite obviously they would have denied it ( and quite right too.. they do not know me from Adam and I could easily be trying to rip THEM off )
All I am saying is be careful at peak times as they obviously employed a bit of a chancer to fill in ( this happened in August )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I've paid Ā£80 for 7 nights including Ā£5 admin fee

EDIT that is for two adults

Last edited:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
PS. It is rumoured that part of the beach is "Nudist" between S/Island and Barmouth,never did get to find out,the mrs kept hold of my braces !!

That rumour's been around for at least 40 years - a young lady friend of mine confirmed it was true when she took a stroll down the beach back in summer 1977 and met some naked people.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
You get discount if your over 60 ,
The breakfasts in the cafe are impressive ... :devil:

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Eee yoo yung uns ...... sometimes it pays to look older .. lol

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We left Shell Island this morning about 8.30 in blazing sunshine and its been like that all over Easter (except Friday) we both got caught out and both have a bit of sunburn.
Beautiful blue skies and glorious sunsets and watching the porpoises feeding 20 yards from the van.
No electric and very little in the way of facilities are what make it special just park where you want in the dunes or next to the beach. Its not a all singing and dancing campsite thank god, there are plenty of those around if that's your thing, its unique.
Couple of pics taken this weekend.

Shel lisland.jpg
shell island2.jpg

OP
OP
cpease

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
We're going again on sat 2nd may ( bank holiday)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I spotted one while driving around
I think I have the best spot right on a hill top that slopes away all around
image.jpg

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Despite my intermittent fridge problem I have the 40 litre cool box full of cold beer.
It's been on in since 7:00 and proper cold now
Solar is still knocking out near 9 amps net of load and batts are full just recovering from inverter use
image.jpg
image.jpg

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
It looks amazing. We were planning she'll island this weekend but wwwwwork got in the way :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back