markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
If you were the driver of an Eldis Compass on the A68 south today at 11.45, thanks for driving with you grey waste open, I was stuck behind you on my motorbike and had to put up with the spray until I got past you, the title says it all

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Should have said just south of Pathead

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
So, its not just a bit of soapy water then :rolleyes:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Lucky you never slipped on it. Some people are just thoughtless.

Steveboy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2011
Wherever my wheels stop.
Funster No
MH
Rapido 972M
Exp
Fulltime since 2011
Tell you what though ..... Keeps the bloody Italian scooter maniacs in their place
Course .... I'd never do it in the UK ...... ...

Johnnyb

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Yorks/Derbys
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
I was following an Eldis earlier today who seemed to be losing a good percentage of his fresh water as he went around right hand corners.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Annoying ain't the word.
Wilding last night and one guy blatantly opened his grey valve letting it run down the street into a vent.
Knocked on the door and read him the riot act and told him to close it and not to be such a lazy bastard.
No wonder when we wild responsibly there is always one who wrecks it for everyone else.
He packed up and pissed off in a bad mood..... too bad.

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
I'd put his reg number up, but I was on my motorcyle so couldn't write it down and I can't remember anything since my stroke last year

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Must have been a big waste tank because mine is empty after about two minutes and empty tanks don't spray water out when they are empty, Wasn't it a short time ago the government wanted you to share baths and put the water on the garden to keep it moist? Mine has water which is slightly soapy and minimum residue in it perhaps the one being followed had BR train type toilets on board then you could complain. they must have just pulled out or very slow leakoff.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Must have been a big waste tank because mine is empty after about two minutes and empty tanks don't spray water out when they are empty, Wasn't it a short time ago the government wanted you to share baths and put the water on the garden to keep it moist? Mine has water which is slightly soapy and minimum residue in it perhaps the one being followed had BR train type toilets on board then you could complain. they must have just pulled out or very slow leakoff.
:reel::reel::reel::reel::reel::reel:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'd put his reg number up, but I was on my motorcyle so couldn't write it down and I can't remember anything since my stroke last year
He might also have been completely unaware it was open. A joker might have done it for a laugh when he was parked in say some services for example or it may have just been absentmindedness (if that's a word).

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Me ? Over the years I have had fish and chips thrown out of a window and all over the front of me and the bike, regularly sprayed with window washers, chewing gum on my visor, even had sick when a child stuck his head out of a window, a half bottle of coke ( or there abouts) poured away out of a window... I have had slurry from cattle trucks cover me and the bike, dog poop flick up and on to the zorst down pipes, and the toilet contents of a coach hit me.

Anyone wanna open a grey waste tap in front of me, you carry on.. I have absolutely NO problem with soapy, tea smelling waste water what so ever..

But then, I clean the bike maybe once a year.. Dont do prissy and really aint worried about grey..

I am also fascinated by the amount of grey water the van in question was carrying.. unless perchance he had emptied it correctly and there was maybe a few dregs in the bottom ?

Mark, if you ride a Zuk or a hardley Moving I would indeed be worried mate.. Those things can rot away before you get home.. But anything else and I would not be too concerned ! ;)(y);)(y)

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Your wing looks awfully clean for a bike that's only cleaned once a year, I was on a BMW GT, don't road ride that much as I race on short circuits, it's much safer

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ahhh.. the wing.. Only just got it.. Wait for a while and I have no doubt it will get nice and grubby LOL !!!

Could not agree more re road racing.. No stupid furniture to hit when you slid off ..

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
well at least you got home. one day they will find some one less for giving. next time.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I only drain my Gray tank when it raining when I used to ride think I had simler experiences to jaws
bill

Hillbum

Free Member
Jun 4, 2013
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
One year
I must apologise to anyone who was affected by us on our first few days out a couple of years ago in the Cotswolds.. I had problems emptying the grey water tanks at the dumping point, nothing came out!
Called at a MH seller site on way home asking them to check it out, only to find it was open all the time. Each time I went to the waste dump, I was closing the valve!!! This was how we picked up the MH from the dealer.

Reactions: GJH

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Your wing looks awfully clean for a bike that's only cleaned once a year, I was on a BMW GT, don't road ride that much as I race on short circuits, it's much safer
What do you do about Grey at race meetings?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
They were all out on the A68 yesterday..... trailer tents with no number plates or lights, grey waste dumpers.......

We were on the A68 yesterday but were in the car..... oh, and our van is a chausson.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back