Rally Chat What is ok at a rally or meet (1 Viewer)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
When Jo and myself started motorhoming about 15yrs ago we were going out as many times a year as we could and attending as many rallies as we could with different clubs for a number of years.Now a few more years down the line our outlook has changed,and after loosing our mo-jo for a while we are now waiting for the arrival of our next motorhome and are very excited for this season.the point of this thread is to ask this question,is it acceptable to want your own company at a rally?We would like to try and attend some rallies this year but after dealing with the public head-on for 9hrs every day at work all we want to do is get some "our time",we like to have a stroll around the other motorhomes and have a good old natter with others in the daytime but is it wrong to want to retire to the motorhome in the evening for some our time.Would,nt want to be landed with the stigma of being anti-social.hope this thread and the question it aims at make some sort of sense:LOL:(y)
Brian & Jo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I think that is the beauty of "Fun".... do as much or little as you like... (y)

I enjoy the day time chat`s and get together`s...

Still like the evening do`s but Paul don`t like crowds or noise, and it don`t seem right for me to go off in the evening and leave Judy to keep an eye on Paul..

So hence go to very few evening/night do`s...

Plus I`m becoming a miserable grumpy old bastard.. :crying:

So people keep telling me.. :wink::rofl:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Brian & Jo, Pam and I are rally marshals at quite a few of the Fun meets, we meet and greet the Funsters as they arrive on site. Upon arrival we issue them with a welcome letter which outlines the planned activities during the meet. It is then up to the individual as to whether they attend them or not. It is quite acceptable to spend the evening in your own van, nobody will come knocking on your door saying come on over to the marquee or such, you certainly will not be classed as anti social. The main thing is for you to enjoy your weekend in the manner you choose. We look forward to seeing you at a few Funster meets in the coming months.
Safe travels,
Brisey &Pamelaaar.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
There are some things we like to avoid at rallies too, not that we've been to any this year. The ukelele band may seem bad enough but at some rallies certain funsters get completely ratted and perpetrate karaoke. Pitch well away from the marquee.
That said we have enjoyed those rallies we have been on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We only tend to Rally when we are on the look out for something for the van but do enjoy wandering around during the day annoying meeting up with the few folk we know and others we don't, and the cake and bacon buttie gatherings. Evenings we'd rather relax in the van and watch a bit of tv or catch up with the papers, otherwise we might end up sitting with Shifty and Graham and listen to the pros and cons of Rapidos and Burstners. :LOL:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
We tend to sit with ukBill, Haggers, Silkcut and the sheriff and enjoy a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake :ROFLMAO: Then serenade Jim and Sian as the sun goes down :) Sometimes we go look at motorhomes;)
What a load of rubbish - he's only here for the beer...

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Waaaaaaaaaaaay too late for that.:rofl: ;)

Oh Lordy,
on our upcoming rally thread (the Funsters Bristol Balloon Fiesta) there is already talk of shotguns, knickerless ladies, generators, debauchery, ukuleles, didgeridoos, ropes, gaffer tape, crawling across the Clifton bridge at night, and wait for it,,,,,,,, even someone bringing 'golf clubs'...........
:Eeek:

Now this could be some rally - someone even said they wanted to see the balloons.:laughing:

Trikeman. :doh:

OP
OP
Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
There are Funsters who like to party and Funsters who don't - each to their own. No-one will come looking for you and force you to mingle :)[/QUOTE
Thanks Janine:)
Brian & Jo

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Only been to one rally ever and that was with fun last yr at Stratford. Join in if u like or do your own thing. Had an enjoyable few days.
Booked for another later this yr.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Oh Lordy,
on our upcoming rally thread (the Funsters Bristol Balloon Fiesta) there is already talk of shotguns, knickerless ladies, generators, debauchery, ukuleles, didgeridoos, ropes, gaffer tape, crawling across the Clifton bridge at night, and wait for it,,,,,,,, even someone bringing 'golf clubs'...........
:Eeek:

Now this could be some rally - someone even said they wanted to see the balloons

Trikeman. :doh:

Glad we booked in early - this post will almost certainly result in a surge of requests to attend! Has the Legend That Is Terry got the strength to endure another onslaught!

There are Funsters who like to party and Funsters who don't - each to their own. No-one will come looking for you and force you to mingle :)

PS @JJ @Reallyretired and @Trikeman: Barrie & I won't be playing at any future meets. Enough's enough, we think.

What???!!! :Eeek::Eeek: It's the main reason I book meets that you two are attending!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
You don't have to do anything you don't want to. That's the fun of fun. You can sit wher you want with who you want , no one moving your chairs about. Unlike some groups we've been with in the past. Or knocking on your door telling you Bingos starting etc.....
We like to have a natter and A drink with the funsters. We aren't into Bingo, quizzes( though some have been fun) , Don't mind half hour of ukealalies , banjos or Guitar singalongs tops. Can be a bit loud, and you can't have a conversation.
We tend to slope off If it goes on much longer.

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
There are Funsters who like to party and Funsters who don't - each to their own. No-one will come looking for you and force you to mingle :)

PS @JJ @Reallyretired and @Trikeman: Barrie & I won't be playing at any future meets. Enough's enough, we think.

@Janine - saw my handle mentioned here - sorry, not a clue what your on about, playing what?

Sorry,

Trikeman.;)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Barrie & I won't be playing at any future meets. Enough's enough, we think.

I hope that's not true... Some people might not like Uke's but you don't play at many, and when you do its always really appreciated by the majority; and for those that don't like "fun with music" there are plenty of other nights, rallies or clubs to choose from. :)

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Well, for what it's worth, Ron and I have had more fun since we joined Fun in September after buying our first MH than in 10 years of caravanning! Chester was only our third meet, but they just get better and better! I love the relaxed informality of it all, there are things going on you can join in if you want, but you can just laze around by yourself and no one minds a bit. I'm just sad when we have to go home! Roll on the next one! Any one doing anything this weekend? We've been home an hour now and I'm ready for the off! :clap2:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I hope that's not true... Some people might not like Uke's but you don't play at many, and when you do its always really appreciated by the majority; and for those that don't like "fun with music" there are plenty of other rallies or clubs to choose from. :)

Thanks, Jim. We only play when asked to but, when we've paid for our tickets the same as everyone else, the last thing we want is grief.
Funny, I got someone jabbing me in the chest and demanding entertainment on Saturday night - can't win!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back