Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Hi guys
Looks like we are going to visit the dusseldorf Show to ogle at new rapido, has anyone from fun been there ,any tips etc ,we will be flying in for a weekend

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Comfortable shoes essential - 2 full days and you will still miss something!
Great show, loads to see. Free tram into town. Good walks along the river banks. Enjoy !

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Not been to the show but have flown to Dusseldorf a couple of times. Each time I hired a car...and then you drive out of the airport...and immedeately hit a three lane highway underground with the cars going a gazillion kilometres per hour. You have precisely 3 seconds to get used to driving the car, driving in Germany and in the dark what ever the time of day. After that the driving is a doddle! Look out for radar traps.

So...don't hire a car unless you absolutely have to!

Some good pubs and places to eat. “Im Fuchschen” (the Little Fox) is quite famous and can be (usually is) very crowded, but for good reasons.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
I went a few years ago with the Motorhome and stopped on site for a few nights. Well worth doing. It is mostly halls of vans, the year I went there were not that many accessories.

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Well I guess driving is out of the question :eek: , we have not booked anything yet but the rough plan is to fly out Thursday evening and return on either the Sunday or the monday , hoping for rapido to come back with a list of vans , I'd like to see a particular model before I lay that kind of brass out :) we have seen the 7.5 meter version but we would like to see the 7.99 meter version

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We went last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, join the caravan salon club and you can book your tickets before you set of, we got two days for the price of 1.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Drove there three years ago and stayed on site. Great atmosphere and hundreds of vans to look at but mainly top end specification and prices. Very few accessories but plenty of eateries at inflated prices. It was a very easy drive with excellent roads from the ferry at Zeebrugge.

Caulkhead1

Free Member
Jun 7, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Just looking again
Exp
Since 1998
We have been many times over the years and have always bought our M/Homes at the show because of the better deals that we have been able to negotiate, i.e, a) the exchange rate on Euros, b) the show price, c) then a negotiated discount on top around 10%
I spent 3 days this last year there and on the last day placed an order for our M/Home which we collected 2 weeks ago.
I am surprised at the comments about the lack of accessories, as there are probably 2 halls that do nothing but accessories.
The Dusseldorf Show knocks spots off of any shows in the U.K.
There is the camp site which is spotless, free bus into the Alt Stadt from various points around the site.
Well worth a trip if you wish to see the best selection of M/homes in Europe from very small to very very large.
We shall be off there again this year just to have a look around the Accessories and generally enjoy the camping and fun on the site and off.

There are always lots of Motorhomes parked all along the river.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Join the Caravan Salon Club it's free and gives a 25% discount I think last year they were doing 2 days for the price of one. If you go in a van you get a discount on camping with it.
2 days is not really long enough to get all round the show.

I'm banned from going both times we have been I talked the boss into letting me buy a new van.

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
My missus and I are looking forward to it , I can see us buying a mh at the show, at a rough estimate I can see us saving 15 to 20k on the uk price ,what size of deposit in percentage terms do they normally require ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
My missus and I are looking forward to it , I can see us buying a mh at the show, at a rough estimate I can see us saving 15 to 20k on the uk price ,what size of deposit in percentage terms do they normally require ?
First one I brought it was €1000 last one €1500.

Caulkhead1

Free Member
Jun 7, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Just looking again
Exp
Since 1998
Join the Caravan Salon Club it's free and gives a 25% discount I think last year they were doing 2 days for the price of one. If you go in a van you get a discount on camping with it.
2 days is not really long enough to get all round the show.

I'm banned from going both times we have been I talked the boss into letting me buy a new van.

Top man, and exactly what we do joined the Caravan Salon Club.
Go on go you know you want a new van :cool:

Also as you say you really need 3 days there and even then you might well not see all of it.

Caulkhead1

Free Member
Jun 7, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Just looking again
Exp
Since 1998

For this last M/Home that we bought at the 2014 show, they wanted a holding deposit I put down £2000.00 and then didn't pay anything else until the van was 4 weeks away from delivery to me.

The discounts that you can negotiate there are far better than any U.K. show or dealer, and you get exactly the same van exactly as you want it.
Have fun, I have met a lot more Brits there this last couple of years than ever before, it is so much better value to buy there.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
And don't forget if you take the van there is a big marquee at the edge of the camping area with bands on every night, free of course not like rip off Britain and with cheap food & beer.

Do check if there are any events on at the stadium, last time we went I think Dave Gilmore was playing, we arrived at 9:00pm they were using the area for car parking had to wait until 12:30am to get in, upside was they didn't charge us for camping.

Reactions: SMB
OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Thanks for all the info so far (y) , we are planning to fly out on the Friday, spend 3 days at the show and then return to blighty . We have been up in the peak district these few days and can't stop taking about buying a mh, has anyone flown there and can recommend an area to stay in or a hotel close to the venue ?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thanks for all the info so far (y) , we are planning to fly out on the Friday, spend 3 days at the show and then return to blighty . We have been up in the peak district these few days and can't stop taking about buying a mh, has anyone flown there and can recommend an area to stay in or a hotel close to the venue ?
LoD, try PM'ing DABurleigh. He did last year, exactly what you are proposing to do this year. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I'm planning to be in France from the middle of August, this sounds ideal as Dusseldorf is on my list of places to visit anyway :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back