Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Just Emptying a locker on a Motorhome we recently bought ( our First) and came across these. Seem like feet or stabilisers of some sort. Can anyone advise on the purpose and where they would connect? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 105
OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Ahhh thank you. Will have to try to locate where the fix to. Thank you for your reply.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
To be honest they look more trouble than they are worth.
You would need to get on hands and knees to release and swing them down, then slide out and lock off the bottom section...then do it all again when you move on......possibly on a wet or muddy field.
Could be why they were never fitted or maybe removed.

Upvote 0

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Yep, as PPJ said, stabilisers (some call them corner steadies).

Might be that the previous owner removed them because of rattles. Either that, or he bought them and never got around to fitting them on. If it's the former, have a look at the rear chassis. There may be 'witness' holes corresponding?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
To be honest they look more trouble than they are worth.
You would need to get on hands and knees to release and swing them down, then slide out and lock off the bottom section...then do it all again when you move on......possibly on a wet or muddy field.
Could be why they were never fitted or maybe removed.

Fair point. I might just put them back where I found them. Nice to know what these are though. I only came across them whilst trying to locate where the leaisure battery might be hiding. Appreciate your help mate.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Yep, as PPJ said, stabilisers (some call them corner steadies).

Might be that the previous owner removed them because of rattles. Either that, or he bought them and never got around to fitting them on. If it's the former, have a look at the rear chassis. There may be 'witness' holes corresponding?
Thank you very much. At least I know now what they are. Even though I won't be using them lol.

Upvote 0

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
On warm romantic nights, they do stop the pretty lights you fix to your van from swinging about.
Fitted them on my previous van a Chausson Flash 09, usefully stops the rock and roll when we are dancing , romantically of course, Lol. ( I wish)
No problem to use. One word of caution though if you do fit them, Make sure you fold them up, before you leave the site I fitted mine with an alarm so it shrieked if I started the motor up, with the stabilisers down. I haven't put them on the Bailey we have now as it doesn't rock when walking about in it.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Fitted them on my previous van a Chausson Flash 09, usefully stops the rock and roll when we are dancing , romantically of course, Lol. ( I wish)
That's it! I'm getting a set of these as my excuse as to why the van never rocks!:laughing:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back