Place to sleep overnight (1 Viewer)

Bessa

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Funster No
Hi i am new to this forum, so i hope i am posting in the correct place. We are going over to England from ROI at the end of March to pick up our new Motorhome in Wellington Somerset We will be traveling down from Holyhead, in the van we are trading in. Its a long drive so we are hoping to maybe drive down past Bermingham and look for some place to wild camp and continue on to Wellington early the next morning. We have not driven this route before and would really appreciate any help , in knowing where to park overnight on our journey.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I assume you are purchasing from Chelstons, and while it may be a bit too far to drive in one hit I just thought i would mention that they allow overnights on their site, hope that helps.

OP
OP
B

Bessa

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Funster No
Yes we are purchasing from Chelstons, and they told us about their site which we will use when down there. Its just to rest after maybe three hours driving from Holyhead, and continue down to Chelstons the next morning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Depending on the time of your sailing there is the Roodee carpark in Chester but it is locked at 6p.m. allowing only pedestrian access.
Or if you continue on the A5 there are plenty of off road laybys you can use.

OP
OP
B

Bessa

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Funster No
Thanks for your replies. The AA route planner takes us down on the M5, any ideas for stopping off this motorway.

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
Their are plenty of motorway services on the way down the M5 all fairly nice but not stopped over night in them.

Once you get past bristol you can run down the A28 which has plenty of nice laybys but as the previous poster said Chelston do have over night facilities with hook up.

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
over night stop

hi
we've stopped at the first services on the m5, parked where the lorries park, only on the right hand side at the side of the barrier. just down the steps to the facilities.
it says there is a charge for over nighting but i didn't see anywhere to pay.
good luck with your new van.

let the force be with you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
We have not driven this route before and would really appreciate any help , in knowing where to park overnight on our journey.
It may not be far enough down but there are a couple of nice sites in Llangollen
Llangollen Campsites and and Caravan Sites
This site takes tourershttp://www.towerfarmholidays.co.uk/index.htm as does this one,Wern Isaf.
On the A5 at the Glenrid / St Martins roundabout there is a BP garage behind which is a truck stop and cafe which serves good breakfasts.
Lucille

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
why not go through rosslare and then on to somerset park at the port when you get off in fishguard then off to go in the morning

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back