Sargent EC225 Cables (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
I have a 2008 Autotrail Excel 600B. fitted with a Sergent EC225 Power Supply Unit. I have noticed that there are loose cables coming from it as pictured:

IMG_3120_zpsxrdf8yft.jpg

The two female spade connectors have wires that are Grey/Green and Red/White. The Red/Black cable has a co-axial connector. I have not checked to see if they are live when the Power Supply is turned on.

Does anyone have any idea what they may be used for?
John

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
This may help but really you could do with seeing where they attach on the PSU as that may give you a better idea..
Most likely left there for optional add on's..
White/orange(lol not red) look's to be earth / negative and standard on AT builds.
If the other is green / grey then possible its a feed for a cupboard lamp.
The red/black looks like an afterfit to power something and the plug is a "DC" plug maybe 2.5mm, not co-axial (that's TV etc)...

Hope that all helps....

Link Removed

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you don't already have they are probably to connect the remote EC100 Control Panel.
the two wires with female spades for data and the other plug to provide 12v supply

from the product information sheet...

provides connectivity to the
ancillary components and the EC100 / EC200 control panel.

download the pdf here

Broken Link Removed

http://sargentshop.co.uk/epages/eshop328964.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop328964/Categories/TechData/"Product Information"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    349.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Another possibility is pre wiring for connecting a solar panel regulator so that you take full advantage of the split charging function built into the PSU. Have a look on the Sargent website which I found particularly helpful.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Another possibility is pre wiring for connecting a solar panel regulator so that you take full advantage of the split charging function built into the PSU. Have a look on the Sargent website which I found particularly helpful.

Good thinking BUT This is not usual practice for Sargent or Autotrail. Yes Solar input is available on the later PSU's but in most cases needs a seperate lead that plugs into a socket.

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
The Sargent unit on my 2011 Autocruise Alto was pre-wired for solar. The lead, which looked similar to the OP's photo, was tucked in behind the PSU. All that I had to do was plug it into the cabling supplied with the solar regulator.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The red \ black may be the power supply for a VisionPlus (or similar) tv booster? Looks a bit like ours.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The Sargent unit on my 2011 Autocruise Alto was pre-wired for solar. The lead, which looked similar to the OP's photo, was tucked in behind the PSU. All that I had to do was plug it into the cabling supplied with the solar regulator.

Thanks on info.. never seen it on an Autotrail but have heard it on other vans.. Maybe Just AT, to mean to spend those last few quid. :)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The orange and white wire is the -ve feed, usually the green one will be a feed for a small light or similar
As others have said, the coaxial plug is not Sargent related but added in.. could be used for almost anything it fits as long as you check the polarity os right for what you want to use it for :)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Had similar on our old Autotrail, it was plugged into the TV remote switching box ((Little black box about 50mm x 40mm x 25mm )) in the same cupboard as the Sargent.. The remote for the TV worked it (off and on ).
Cant be more specific than that, it was a while ago.. (lost half my brain cells now !! )

OP
OP
Revolvor
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Thanks for all the useful comments as usual!

We already have an EC100 Control panel, over the Hab door.
I have done some checking. All the cables (including the DC Plug) are a branch off the bigger of the wiring looms into the bottom of the EC225,
The Red/Black DC plug seems to be dead.
However, as stated by Tonka and Jaws, the Red/ORANGE is -ve. and Grey/Green is +ve, and seems to be connected to both the Vehicle & Leisure Batteries. When charging, voltage is 13.84 (Vehicle) and 13.85 (Leisure)
When not charging, and individual fuses removed, shows 13.5 (Vehicle) and 12.71 (Leisure) ..... (the vehicle battery had been on charge until just before I took the readings, so I am sure it would have reduced to 12.7 ish over time.)

I had previously contacted Sargent about filling Solar Panels, and the EC225 can be connected to panels via a Sargent wiring accessory, but a solar regulator is still needed as the EC225 does not have one, unlike later models; see this from Sargent:

With regards to solar, the EC225 doesn't have any inbuilt solar connectivity, however we do have a lead which allows easy access to the batteries, by plugging in-line in the base of the EC225:

http://sargentshop.co.uk/epages/eshop328964.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop328964/Products/WB1021

This lead lets you connect the output of a solar regulator to either leisure or vehicle battery (or both if you have a dual channel regulator) with minimum cable installation.

I will just cover it all up and bear in mind that I have a handy 12v supply (of unknown current capacity) should I need something in the future. I may also systematically remove all the fuses to see if that has any effect.
John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back