southern spain sites (1 Viewer)

hobson

Free Member
Dec 9, 2008
UK
Funster No
We newbies finally made it to Spain and have been on a site in Mojacar for a couple of weeks, it's nice but very basic, (electricity, but no water or waste hookup) so i've been looking at moving somewhere with better facilities.
have tried talking to other motorhomers but keep getting the old 'ooh you'll never get that on a site, it's too big lad' line. this has been from the euro motorhomers though!
so can anyone recommend a site on the southern coast that can take and provide facilities for a 32 foot RV?
we're pretty open to options, we have no kids, no pets and aren't towing anything.

suggestions please?! :Smile:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Try Camping Rosaleda in Conil De La Frontera near Cadiz.
They have double pitches with waste hook up etc - ring first though to check they have big pitches free!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Toured Southern Spain for four six-month periods in a 32-foot RV covering at least a dozen sites each time. What the 'euro motorhomers' are telling you is probably correct unless some new sites have popped up since we were last there. Other than the sites already mentioned the only others we stayed on with full service were at Almerimar (now closed) and El Rocio but can't be sure about the full service there. Many sites have water but the waste is the problem - I'm afraid you'll have to join the cassette men for a visit to the WC Chimique.
It might be worth checking with MoandDicks Big Pitch Guide for up to date info.

:Smile:
Keith

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
What the 'euro motorhomers' are telling you is probably correct unless some new sites have popped up since we were last there.

I'd certainly agree with that .. not many Spanish sites have up to date motorhome facilities and even fewer that can accommodate an RV ..

These are RV suitable

La Manga GPS: 37.6246 -0.7438

Camping Roquetas GPS: 36.7975 -2.5908

Marbela GPS 36.50204 -4.8471

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
RV, size friendly, sites.

Camping Cabopino, Marbella.

Camping Las Dunas, El Puerto De Santa Maria.

Pete:Cool:

Last edited:

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
hi
We are currently at Cabo de gata just down from you and there are rv,s and 5th wheelers on the site . There doesn,t seem to be designated pitches but there always seems a place for them to fit in plus you have the best weather in mainland spain if you dont mind a it of wind
Wanderer

Ruddy

Free Member
Feb 24, 2009
Haverhill,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
> 1yr
RV, size friendly, sites.

Camping Cabopino, Marbella.

Hi new to the site person here :thumb:

I can agree with this as I have friends that live on this site (in the house/mobile's up the top of the hill), And iv'e seen some big o'l RV's on there. Mind you theres an expensive restaurant near the entrance :whatthe:

Have fun in spain.

Ruddy

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
There are 'RV friendly sites' but the original enquiry was for RV-sized serviced pitches - both water and waste disposal.

keith

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
There are 'RV friendly sites' but the original enquiry was for RV-sized serviced pitches - both water and waste disposal.

keith

As rare as hens teeth, comes to mind. Just finding sites that will take big RV's in Southern Spain, takes some doing, never mind fully serviced.

Camping Fuengirola is a rarity in this area and the only one I've found so far, that has fresh and waste water points on each pitch but a big RV would not get on there,

Get a pitch near to a tap for refilling the fresh tank and dig a waste hose into the ground for waste water, that's what most people do. Regarding black waste, if sited just use the site toilets, and not the RV toilet.

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
COME ON DOWN to Roquetas de Mar just south of Almeria-your not that far away. You will get a double pitch with 10/16amp hookup. I'm sat on 2 double pitches and I only drive a panel van so plenty of space. If you have the Caravan Club book look under Almeria. If you do come look me up, I have the Motorhome fun sticker on my rear window.:thumb:

OP
OP
H

hobson

Free Member
Dec 9, 2008
UK
Funster No
re

thanks loads everyone! this is why i love this site, everyones so helpful ::bigsmile:

P

peterspark

Deleted User
hi we going to coata brava

hi as one one been to las dunas in l'escala near girona in spain ,
what the temputer like this time of year end of may june many thanks
peter:Cool:

jolly wally

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Nr S****horpe
Funster No
Exp
Location Sites

Yes just come off site lots of Big American Motor Homes Camping LA MANGA 0n Main road in. Just Booked off Today lots of facilities but not cheap 19 .50 Euro per night but every thing you would want. Good luck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back