Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
I got winni last saturday and have been living in her for 5 days now, lights always been bright until tonight when the light was dim and I had to start her up to stop the Co detector from screaming, only thing I did different last night was plug 2 x 800w oil heaters.............I have a charge wizard and I have overidden the charger to boost but they are still losing charge...........any ideas?

boo

OP
OP
Boo

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
I was wondering if I had pressed a wrong button or something.................

Would it make a difference weather it is 6amp or 7?

I was also wondering if I may have disturbed something in the belly lockers.......:Doh:
I couldn't have the heating on last night as I had no 12v to run the fan..............I was frozen :cry:

How can I test the charger/12v powerpack?

Boo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I was wondering if I had pressed a wrong button or something.................

Would it make a difference weather it is 6amp or 7?

I was also wondering if I may have disturbed something in the belly lockers.......:Doh:
I couldn't have the heating on last night as I had no 12v to run the fan..............I was frozen :cry:

How can I test the charger/12v powerpack?

Boo

Hi Boo

6 or 7 amp .. nothing to do with your problem

First things first ...
Are you certain the EHU hasn't tripped at the site breaker ? do you still have 230v ? You could have tripped it with the two oil heaters on !!

Unless you were in the charger locker it's unlikely you disturbed anything.

If you had no 12v supply then its either a 12v fuse blown, a switch you knocked off by accident, the 110v Circuit breaker supplying the power pack tripped.. or a duff power pack

I don't know your RV but it should have a 12v fuse box for the house supplies and a 110v distribution box with CBs .. check these first .. you can usually see a blown fuse but better to test with a multimeter. ..

Look for the simple thinks first .. they catch even the most experienced of us out ...

but if you don't have a multimeter you can't do much testing.. buy one and if unsure how to use have someone demonstrate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
When it was in the yard they probably powered everything down so the batteries didn't flatten via phantom loads. Find the unit that charges the battery and make sure there isn't an on-off switch on it. Check inside cupboards for any main isolating switches. make sure the power management system hasn't had fuses pulled half out to shut things down.

Read the instruction manual, but asap get some charge back into the battery.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boo

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Thanks all for your reply's, :Smile:

Just spoke to Gold RV's who have told me the location of the charger (under the drawer below the cooker and asked me to check its switched on and that the fuse and connections are o.k.
But just to be on the safe and warm side I bought a £30 Lesure battery chager from halfords as I cant go another night without my blown air heating. :thumb:

At work at the moment but will check all after I get home ::bigsmile:

Cheers

Boo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
That would be about 7 amps - are you on a 6A supply ?[/quote]

Hi Boo

6 or 7 amp .. nothing to do with your problem

hi Jim,

i think what Brian was getting at was if two 240v 800w heaters where plugged in at the same time it would be around 7 amps(+ the charger/power supply). if the site supply is only 6 amp it would trip, but if everything else was running on 12v how would you know the 240v had tripped 'til your batteries started to fail.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
That would be about 7 amps - are you on a 6A supply ?[/quote]

hi Jim,

i think what Brian was getting at was if two 240v 800w heaters where plugged in at the same time it would be around 7 amps(+ the charger/power supply). if the site supply is only 6 amp it would trip, but if everything else was running on 12v how would you know the 240v had tripped 'til your batteries started to fail.

Yes, I see that now, I misunderstood the original post, but in the next line I said ..

Are you certain the EHU hasn't tripped at the site breaker ? do you still have 230v ? You could have tripped it with the two oil heaters on !!

Jim

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boo

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls