Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Inoperative electric step
Hope someone can help me with this problem,my vehicle is a Hymer starline 655,year 2005,I parked it up end of December 2014.when I tried to enter it in mid-March 2015,the electric double-step would not come out when i operated the switch just inside the door,it was working perfectly when i parked it up.I've looked everywhere for a possible blown fuse etc,but no joy.There does NOT app
ear to be any relevant fuse on the Electroblok,even though is shown on the man
-ual as fuse no.4,there isn't one position 4 is a sort of white plug-in connector.I
have removed the cover from the motor and pressing the RETRACT part of the rocker switch gives a reading of 13.8v on my multi-meter pressing the lower half of the switch(which sends the step out)gave a reading of zero.so i connect
-ed a spare leisure battery via 2 wires to the red+and black-wires coming out from the motor casing the step began to come out as norm,so I stopped and I pressed switch and the step retracted as norm,so the motor is ok,hasv anyone ever experienced this problem,i've tried every fuse I can find not Knowing EXA-
-CTLY where the correct one really is,would be grateful if any one could offer
some useful suggestions/solutions as I've run out of ideas,many thanks.

Q
Hope someone can help me with this problem,my vehicle is a Hymer starline 655,year 2005,I parked it up end of December 2014.when I tried to enter it in mid-March 2015,the electric double-step would not come out when i operated the switch just inside the door,it was working perfectly when i parked it up.I've looked everywhere for a possible blown fuse etc,but no joy.There does NOT app
-ual as fuse no.4,there isn't one position 4 is a sort of white plug-in connector.I
have removed the cover from the motor and pressing the RETRACT part of the rocker switch gives a reading of 13.8v on my multi-meter pressing the lower half of the switch(which sends the step out)gave a reading of zero.so i connect
-ed a spare leisure battery via 2 wires to the red+and black-wires coming out from the motor casing the step began to come out as norm,so I stopped and I pressed switch and the step retracted as norm,so the motor is ok,hasv anyone ever experienced this problem,i've tried every fuse I can find not Knowing EXA-

[URL='http://forums.motorhomefacts.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1342065']Q

[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

OP
OP
gwyntaxi

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
SORRY EVERYONE,DON'T KNOW WHY MY PLEA FOR HELP REPEATED ITSELF SO MANY TIMES, I DID TRY COPYING&PASTING IT FROM A DIFFERENT LOCATION SO PERHAPS THAT'S GOT SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT,AND THE FACT THAT I'M USELESS AT ALL THINGS COMPUTING,I'VE TRIED TO ERASE THE EXCESS POSTINGS BUT HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE SO I'LL LEAVE WELL ALONE OR I'LL LOSE THE THREAD ALTOGETHER

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hymer's normally use the Schaudt Step Control unit, basically a couple of relay boxes with a current sensor & timer. The ones in our van are EMS 03-3, one will be located near the step in a cupboard or under a draw near the habitation door the other one with either be under the passenger seat (LHD) or near the battery. The one near the battery will have a fuse in-line with it.

OP
OP
gwyntaxi

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Many thanks for the tips lennyhb will try them today and see if I can find these elusive fuses,especiall
-y the one near the habitacion door.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Just re-reading your original post (post-post-post-post-post-post!) :roflmto: I notice you were trying to find the fuse on the EBL. Given that there appears to be power to the step motor I doubt the EBL fuse has gone, but offer the following in case it helps.
Not sure what EBL your 655 has, but assuming it's an EBL99 or EBL100, block 4 is the connector for power to the step, heater and frost protection valve.
The fuse for the step is a 25amp unit in the row of fuses (below the connector blocks). It will be labelled 'Grundlicht / Trittstufe'

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If the step retracted using the switch the fuse is not at fault - it is the same fuse for both directions.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
reading the problem , but not knowing the hymer set up , could it not be the rocker switch its self.. you have power on retract at switch. is it not the same supply to the rocker switch for retract and open, you have voltage on retract but not open, suggesting the switch itself is not working.. may have the wrong end of the stick
ta andy

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
reading the problem , but not knowing the hymer set up , could it not be the rocker switch its self.. you have power on retract at switch. is it not the same supply to the rocker switch for retract and open, you have voltage on retract but not open, suggesting the switch itself is not working.. may have the wrong end of the stick
ta andy
Hymer use a momentary switch with control boxes. (see my earlier post)

Lindsay

Free Member
Jun 29, 2014
Ayton, Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Burstner Delfin T625
Exp
had a home conversion when kids were young(30 years ago).
Hello gwyntaxi,
Same happened to my step, simple fix was to free off pivot bolts. Try it :)

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I am not a techi at all but our step sometimes fails to operate and I am pretty sure that it is just dirt sticking after a road trip i just help it a bit by pushing it as I press the button and then it works and frees off ..... Should probably dismantle something but see this old post

Broken Link Removed

Hope it helps.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
My Hymer had a microswitch to detect when the step was retracted etc. This got clogged up and the step wouldn't work. I gave it a heavy dose of WD40 and clicked it manually a bunch of times.

This got it working.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hymer use a momentary switch with control boxes. (see my earlier post)
just the op used the term rocker switch which made me think conventional I suppose.. if it was momentary it would only require a push button, or so I thought...
ta andy

OP
OP
gwyntaxi

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Hi everyone,
I would like to say a big thank you to all of you,for taking the trouble to respond to my request for help,so far I have tried everyone's suggestions',but still no improvement,but I'm gonna keep at it,i've got to,cos the entrance into the van is about 3ft offf the ground,and at the moment I'm using a 3-step stepladder and it ain't doing my hips and knees any good,so thank you all,i@ll keep you posted if and when I get a positive result.gwyntaxi.

OP
OP
gwyntaxi

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Hi Jaws, yes that's the same Electroblock 101 as fitted to mine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back