Finlux 22 Combi 12v recommended. (1 Viewer)

Deltacharlie26

Free Member
Aug 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
Bessie E630
Exp
First year
After reading lots of different opinions here about TV combis I ordered a Cello Combi but sent it straight back. I didn't think it was merchantable quality. The picture was set up very carefully, the default settings were rubbish and the picture was watchable but it was so poor in contrast and detail that it wasn't pleasant. Then I checked the viewing angles - Oh dear - side to side not too bad but stand up after setting it up for sitting down and the picture was un-watchable. I got a full refund just cost me the return postage so I was a little reluctant to try another make.
The Finlux was also highly rated by some on here so checked out their website and they had an offer on a 22" Combi, 22w power at 12v seems ideal. Their returns policy also state they will cover the postage both ways if you are not happy. So for £129 quid (I paid £175 for the HD ready Cello) worth a punt.
Set arrived direct from Finlux themselves the next day and is a true delight. Quality and viewing angles have to be seen to be believed but the best bit is the tuner is so sensitive that any old coat hanger will work as an aerial, the Cello needed a directional and I am only a couple of miles from the TV transmitter.

I am well pleased so thanks to the guys who recommended Finlux, you were spot on. Its also Full HD by the way.

http://www.finluxdirect.com/all-tvs.../invt/22fbe274b-ncm&bklist=icat,3,shop,alltvs

Dennis

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We are big Finlux fans so glad that we, as some of those enthusing about them on here, might have helped share the joy(y) Not a huge amount of choice in 12v tv market so good when you find a product that you like - Finlux tv has pvr function too:)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
We are big Finlux fans so glad that we, as some of those enthusing about them on here, might have helped share the joy(y) Not a huge amount of choice in 12v tv market so good when you find a product that you like - Finlux tv has pvr function too:)

Only if you insist on an overpriced motorhome dedicated tv.

Go to any sainsbury, morrison or asda and look at their range.

Many size options from 15" right up to 36".....yes, 36" 12v televisions.......at a fraction of the price of Avtex etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Did look at supermarket tv ranges but most too heavy for the weight loading limit on our extending tv bracket & all had huge energy consumption compared to Finlux 22" & not necessarily even that much cheaper! Our motorhome only has room for one battery & with just one solar panel energy consumption was a concern for us but may not be for others. Also wanted the advantage of a built in PVR as well as good quality playback dvd player -many cheap combi sets have very poor sound & picture quality for this function. Did look into many of the cheaper options suggested on here & elsewhere on the web but none met all our exacting requirements but then we are fussy sods!

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes I'm a Finlux advocate. I bought a Cello off ebay and it too was crap and it went back.
Unfortunately I can only accomodate a 19" but it suits us fine

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Old thread but thanks @Deltacharlie26 for the pointer.. despite my earlier post about not having a TV my arm was twisted and I've bought the Findlux..
looks like a good TV, and a great price .. still on offer direct from Finlux

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
We also have the 19in Finlux and are absolutely delighted with it.
It is by far the best 12v TV we have ever had. With the rest you seem to get either a good picture or good sound but the Finlux is the only one I have found that has both. (y)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have a Cello, and yes it is not not brilliant but as the programs are so crap it's only been turned on a couple of times in 3 years.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The new 19" Finlux is much chunkier than the earlier version that I have so a backward step in aesthetics at least.
Mine is fine and was a bargain.
The 22" is awesome value and looks. (y)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Old thread but thanks @Deltacharlie26 for the pointer.. despite my earlier post about not having a TV my arm was twisted and I've bought the Findlux..
looks like a good TV, and a great price .. still on offer direct from Finlux

this is what I call fast delivery.. ordered this afternoon around 4pm

just received this email..

U1Lab7STIVQpu0ZRIByqZjCY9FgtxR1v5z14ARLuIlV-fumOKDH02G45xATF23cusUqx1VQQU-wLPN83Voj5Xv9xAQNOSTjzNd929AfEXXnxU4BF=s0-d-e1-ft

Your Finlux order is due for delivery on Wednesday 1st April
On the morning of the Wednesday 1st April you'll receive a 1 hour delivery window and you'll be able to live track your order on its way to you. Please ensure that someone is available to sign for your delivery at:

Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Delivered today at 11.30am , unpacked and set up with a temporary aerial

very impressed.. nice looking set.. and initial set up was easy.. soon had it tuned in and viewing .. all very intuitive and I didn't need to read the instructions..

Picture quality is excellent.. bright and sharp.. the screen is 1080 HD, the built in Freeview tuner is SD but with a small 22" screen I doubt you could tell the difference between HD and SD ..

The sound quality is good for a small set... .. not tinny at all.. and good volume.

The EPG is easy to use and has all the usually features.

Tried the DVD player with a movie in AVI format.. no problem.

The stand is easy to fit and remove. just clips in, .. not a great stand.. no tilt .. but adequate for the job.

Nice big and easy to understand remote controller..

Not sure how I will mount in the van yet, so will use with the stand till a decision is made.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I had a PM asking where the power and aerial connections and the VESA mounting holes location were.

The aerial socket and power are on the back.. the VESA mounting location is at the top.

I am mounting it inside a cupboard above the fridge where the previous owner had his.. this bracket will allow it to will swing out and face whatever direction.. toward the front and or the L shaped seating. When traveling it will be stowed inside the cupboard ..

image shows the back, with the mounting bracket fitted ..

the bulge on the left of the set is the DVD player.
20150403_073247.jpg

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Crikey Jim, you'll be buying a bread maker next :rolleyes:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The 19" is the same Jim but to accommodate my bracket I had to make up a block of wood as thick as the DVD section. If mine was mounted on the other side of the van it would not be necessary
image.jpg

image.jpg

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Only if you insist on an overpriced motorhome dedicated tv.

Go to any sainsbury, morrison or asda and look at their range.

Many size options from 15" right up to 36".....yes, 36" 12v televisions.......at a fraction of the price of Avtex etc.
I tried looking recently a lot are now different voltages often 15v transformers or mains with the transformer in the tv so won't work need to check carefully

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
No need to look any further than Finlux for quality & value.
I could buy more than 3 for the price of an Avtex

image.jpg

That picture is of channel 101 local BBC1 The picture on 108 HD freest is noticeably much sharper.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The Finlux 12 volt tv's, can they take more than 12 volt or do they need a regulated 12 volt supply?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The Finlux 12 volt tv's, can they take more than 12 volt or do they need a regulated 12 volt supply?

They are sold as;

Travel TV for Caravans, Boats and Motorhomes

I have scoured the instructions and specs and there is no mention of having to use a 12vdc regulated supply

they come supplied with a 12v lead for a car ciggy lighter.. by inference they can be used direct from the car 12v system.. without a regulator

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks, I'm waiting delivery of a 22" one , should be Wednesday, hopefully it will be better than the Avtex I tried and sent back last year.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
BTW I have a hard drive attached to the back of the set by Velcro and if I'm using Freeview I can record programs to it via the rear USB or replay any video files I might preload. These are features that I'm too lazy to use but for others it is very handy

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well it arrived on Wednesday and it seem to work fine, picture is very good and the sound is ok, could be a bit louder.When using my satellite receiver I get more volume. The DVD work well to.
So unlike the Avtex I bought last year this one will not be going back.
Overall good value for the money.

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Totally agree,

I bought the 22" Finlux a couple of months back, great tv and great value for money

fits in the tv cupboard with approx 5mm clearance front and back (y) also just clears the tambour door when rotating to view from bed

Andy

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Been having a play with the 22" Finlux and found that you can select a program on the EPG that starts later and when selected program starts , it will switch over to selected program, this looks like it could be useful when using Freeview.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back