Free Member
Jan 14, 2014
wales
Funster No
MH
low profile motorhome
Exp
since 2008
Hi, were in Bolnuavo at the moment and I saw an awning that I think was made by LILLYPAD. Has anyone got one and what are they like. Easy to put up weather proof?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As Golly says they are just windblockers, mesh sides & front that fit to Fiamma & Omnistore awnings.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry49

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Lymm
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
Hi bought a Lillypad set of screens and draught excluder for the skirt along the bottom of the van and over the rear wheel. Cost around ÂŁ350 2 years ago. They come with an interior drop-down privacy screen and are relatively easy to put up. Offers additional space and a great sun and wind blocker. Not the best of fits but incredibly light and easy to store. Very useful. Terry

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
again, have a look at 'Thule Quick fit' its fits under your pull out awning ..Fiamma/Ominster

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
The Lillypad wind blocker is excellent for those non windy days, if you buy the one with the membrane it will also keep the rain out and offers that little bit more privacy.
Good point is it looks good, folds up to a very small package, is light and easy to put up.
The bad point is the pole it hangs from, actually it`s just an extending washing line pole with a Galvanised `U` nail push into the rubber end stop.
When the wind gets up it will blow the side blockers so the pole slides along the inside of the awning.
We have replaced the Galvanised nail and are now looking at having a strip of material sewn along the top with an awning type beading so we can slide it into an Omnistor Side rail.

OP
OP
cazian

cazian

Free Member
Jan 14, 2014
wales
Funster No
MH
low profile motorhome
Exp
since 2008
Thanks for all the info on the Lillypad awning it was a great help

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
[QUOTE="robnchris, post: 1363791, member: 9901"
The bad point is the pole it hangs from, actually it`s just an extending washing line pole with a Galvanised `U` nail push into the rubber end stop.
When the wind gets up it will blow the side blockers so the pole slides along the inside of the awning.
.[/QUOTE]

I use a couple of extending "decorators poles" the ones that twist lock. Find them stronger and the twist lock lets you extend and lock a lot easier.. Check width / length first if you decide to try any..

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
now looking at having a strip of material sewn along the top with an awning type beading so we can slide it into an Omnistor Side rail.

Beware knock on effects. Make one bit very strong and the next bit might tear.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Beware knock on effects. Make one bit very strong and the next bit might tear.

Duly noted and modifications in consideration, a lot of homework going into this.
Might just end up with what we had when we met at the Yorkshire meet.

Time will tell....,

Thanks for comment...Brian.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
We bought a lillypad set last year but could never get it errected as per the demo
the poles have fallen apart on severall occasions
I was'nt to pleased with the advice to cut the strip so made my own modification & when I pointed this out @ the next meet they were not interestested.
to date it always has a lot of overhang @ the bottom unless you want to raise the awning to have no slope whatsoever.

It does block the wind to a certain extent depending on how you set it up & we bought this because we carry Kayaks on the roof @ have not much leaway for wasted weight/payload.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back