Anyone about? (1 Viewer)

R

Ralph

Deleted User
I have the loan for my MH with them. i keep hoping that their computer is so busy it'll forget to take my payment ::bigsmile:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm here, albeit briefly, just finishing my morning cuppa then its back to the grindstone :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Me too, but working :Angry:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Good morning

Very quiet here this morning. Is everyone queing at the Northern Rock? :ROFLMAO:

But for their poor customer management we might have been.

About 15 months ago we were looking to open an ISA account and went into a local Northern Rock branch because they had a reasonable offer on. The lady we spoke to said we would have to come back another day because the person who dealt with ISAs wasn't it.

We went across the road to the Yorkshire Building Society where we were welcomed with open arms.

If I were a NR customer I wouldn't be worried that my money wasn't safe - but I'd withdraw it anyway because I wouldn't trust the NR management in future.

I wonder what, if any, effect this will have on the bonuses for top NR management?

Graham

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Re Your comment : I wonder what, if any, effect this will have on the bonuses for top NR management?

I'd make them re-invest it within the company.That would ensure their loyalty and Management acumen.

All the time they are dealing with "other people's money" it does not have quite the same meaning.

:Angry::Angry:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I'd make them re-invest it within the company.That would ensure their loyalty and Management acumen.

All the time they are dealing with "other people's money" it does not have quite the same meaning.

The main problem seems to be lack of actual investment in the company. as the BBC points out Here:
"The bank has struggled to raise money to finance its lending ever since money markets seized up over the summer.
Unlike most banks, which get their money from customers making deposits into savings accounts, Northern Rock is built around its mortgage business.
It raises most of the money which it provides for mortgages by borrowing from banks and other financial institutions."

I wonder how far any one of us would get if we went to the government complaining that we couldn't maintain our lifestyle because nobody would lend us any more money?

Another thing that strikes me is that this so called "credit crunch" has come about because banks won't lend to each other because they don't trust them. Why, then, are customers supposed to trust the banking system?

Graham

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I wonder how far any one of us would get if we went to the government complaining that we couldn't maintain our lifestyle because nobody would lend us any more money?

Another thing that strikes me is that this so called "credit crunch" has come about because banks won't lend to each other because they don't trust them. Why, then, are customers supposed to trust the banking system?

Good points Graham.
Perhaps it's about time there was a shake up of the Banking structure in this country.

I still find it hard to accept that it takes 5 working days for a cheque to clear whenever I have to bank one.

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Two bank accounts, same bank, same branch.
Write a cheque from one to the other and guess what.........

Yep! Takes 5 days to go into the other account, but is debited straight away.

Now I draw cash from one, and without moving from the bank teller that is dealing with me, I then pay it into the other :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back