Bike rack for swift bolero 680fb (1 Viewer)

mikeange

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
wimborne near new forest
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
2 year (caravan before)
Hi all
early retirement at age 60 (2007) best thing i done was buy new motorhome.
Last easter and summer 2008 , (we had two 11 week holidays) in france, french alps,and south of france . Our 2008 swift bolero 680fb done us proud. Had a wonderful time, and met loads of fellow motorhomers.
This year we are probably going straight down to south of france ,and enjoy the early spring/summer weather.
My wife and i have just purchased two electric folding bikes , which are really great to ride,and weigh in at 20kg each. They fold up quite compact.
I am thinking now of a bike rack ,to fit on the rear of my swift bolero.....
But how do they fit on? ........are their any special fixing points at the rear?
I am afraid to buy a rack until i know......can anyone help please...
Regards mike and ange

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
My wife and i have just purchased two electric folding bikes , which are really great to ride,and weigh in at 20kg each. They fold up quite compact.
I am thinking now of a bike rack

Congrats on the retirement, great in'it

Be carfull with bike racks on Swift vans, I have a Swift Eldiss before the one we Have now and with only 2 normal bikes on the rack the weight of the bikes pulled the fitting throught the body of the van!! and they were fitted by a Swift dealer!!!!!!!

Doug

OP
OP
mikeange

mikeange

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
wimborne near new forest
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
2 year (caravan before)
Bike rack

Thanks doug...i will have to be very careful, and get some expert info from swift.regards
mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
But how do they fit on? ........are their any special fixing points at the rear?
Regards mike and ange

Ring Swift, they are supposed to be helpful. There is a Swift rep on here who may comment.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi all
Last easter and summer 2008 , (we had two 11 week holidays) in france, french alps,and south of france . Our 2008 swift bolero 680fb done us proud. Had a wonderful time, and met loads of fellow motorhomers.
This year we are probably going straight down to south of france ,and enjoy the early spring/summer weather.
Regards mike and ange

Hi Mike,

I think Darren has answered all your questions!

PWS route:thumb:

Peter

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi we have a Bolero FB and we have a bike rack fitted ,we travelled europe for 2 and half months lasy yr with 2 bikes and our wind breakers on it ,we had no problems ,but i do believe there are strenghteners in the back panel and the bike rack should be fitted to them ,Brownhills Newark fitted ours, you could always ask your dealer to fit yours then if anything was to go wrong (which im sure it wont)you are covered .....:Smile:

Ash:thumb:

OP
OP
mikeange

mikeange

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
wimborne near new forest
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
2 year (caravan before)
bike rack

hi all
Regards mike and ange

hi mike,

i think darren has answered all your questions!

Pws route:thumb:

Peter

hi peter
no i have not heard from darren as yet...any info would be appreciated.
Many thanks
mike

OP
OP
mikeange

mikeange

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
wimborne near new forest
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
2 year (caravan before)
Bike rack

I DO BELIEVE THERE ARE FIXING POINTS AT THE REAR....BUT THEY CANNOT BE SEEN.
I HAVE EMAILED JOHN CROSS(EBAY) WHERE THERE IS A BIKE RACK ON OFFER.
I AM AWAITING INFORMATION.
THANKS MIKE AND ANGE:winky:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Congrats on the retirement, great in'it

Be carfull with bike racks on Swift vans, I have a Swift Eldiss before the one we Have now and with only 2 normal bikes on the rack the weight of the bikes pulled the fitting throught the body of the van!! and they were fitted by a Swift dealer!!!!!!!

Doug

A Swift Elddis eh?? To the best of my knowledge Swift and Elddis are two totally separate companies and have never joined forces.

D.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I DO BELIEVE THERE ARE FIXING POINTS AT THE REAR....BUT THEY CANNOT BE SEEN.
I HAVE EMAILED JOHN CROSS(EBAY) WHERE THERE IS A BIKE RACK ON OFFER.
I AM AWAITING INFORMATION.
THANKS MIKE AND ANGE:winky:

Hi Mike,

Sorry got confused with some one else as regards PWS route:Doh:

We fit the proc C and subject to a gross weight limit of 50kg's no problem.

Regards

Peter

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
There will be wooden battens in the back panel , if you have a ladder fitted they should be in line with the fixings for the ladder. Just by tapping your finger on the back you should be able to hear the difference in where the timber is located. Would advise going for the Fiamma Pro model , this would allow you to fix the bottom fixings under the bed and top rails can be fixed in the overhead lockers, saves the need to remove the headboard.

Mark

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
There will be wooden battens in the back panel , if you have a ladder fitted they should be in line with the fixings for the ladder. Just by tapping your finger on the back you should be able to hear the difference in where the timber is located. Would advise going for the Fiamma Pro model , this would allow you to fix the bottom fixings under the bed and top rails can be fixed in the overhead lockers, saves the need to remove the headboard.
Mark

Mark,

You got it in one!:thumb:

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread