Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
Hi if we bought a motorhome from a dealer eg Swift at one end of the country ,is it possible to take the van to another more local Swift dealer to have any work that may be required
Thanks

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
yes it is I checked with my local dealer before I purchased my van. However some dealers don't like doing warrantee work as Swift don't pay top rate. I believe that Swift will also allow warrantee work to be done by companies in some national certified scheme (cant remember what it is called)

All dealers are willing to do habitation services. Base vehicle servicing and warrantee work will be undertaken by a local garage selling the same base eg Fiat, Peugot . Just check locally to see which garage can do your size of vehicle.

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi if we bought a motorhome from a dealer eg Swift at one end of the country ,is it possible to take the van to another more local Swift dealer to have any work that may be required
Thanks

Experience in here says doubtful in many cases. It's hard enough getting the selling dealer to do work. If you must, ask your local dealer if he will pick up the pieces when another dealer has all the profits.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Barbara Hughes

Barbara Hughes

Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks that was my gut feeling too... I suppose if I was a dealer I wouldn't be too keen to take the work on after someone else got the profit from a sale also ....ok just thought I would ask from your experiences
Thanks

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks that was my gut feeling too... I suppose if I was a dealer I wouldn't be too keen to take the work on after someone else got the profit from a sale also ....ok just thought I would ask from your experiences
Thanks

If you ask your local dealer he may do a deal with distant dealer and then you buy locally, if you don't try it won't happen.

Upvote 0

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
My local dealer did not sell the van I wanted as it was last years model. I was quite specific about what i wanted so he was reasonable about the warranty work.

Upvote 0

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Barbara
Ask the same question on the links I pointed you at.....
They will sort it for you

Upvote 0

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
A good local dealer should source the van for you, especially if it is the same franchise. The dealer I use in the Preston area has, on several occasions, said they will attempt to find what I want if they don't have it. However, they are reluctant to do any warranty work on a vehicle not purchased from them.

Upvote 0

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
We could of saved a few bob purchasing somewhere else, but after reading different threads for getting warranty done was a nightmare, we went with a dealer 5 miles away, so that any work snags on the vehicle weren't a day off work even 50 miles away would be a chore to us, but l did make a point that l could of got it cheaper but l went with them but would want any problems sorted, think you would be super lucky with any make or model that doesn't need some work on it during the warranty period.

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
We've just sold a Swift caravan and the new owner lives 120 miles from us.
He asked his local dealer regarding 3rd year service and any warranty work if required.
"We'll do the service but you'll have to take it to supplying dealer for warranty work" he was told.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back