Looking to buy our first motorhome (1 Viewer)

Angela32

Free Member
Mar 25, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi we are looking to buy our first motorhome. We've done loads of research and have settled (for the moment) on a style we like Elddis Autoquest 145 but have a limited budget so definitely buying used. Does anyone know of similar models that offer the four travel seats, over cab bed and the small U shaped rear lounge. Have hired larger motorhomes in the past and they are not for us as we want to get to more out of the way places.
Any advice or opinion's from experienced motorhomer's very appreciated
Thanks
Angela

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Hello and Welcome :) Just googled the model your looking at and it looks a nice van :) as long as it can take all you possession and kitted out with all the kit you need.

Upvote 0

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
autotrail apache 700

autotrail scout

theres a 03 scout on ebay circa £20k.?

I lot depends on your budget/ability to do some remeadal work/deep cleaning

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jaime

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
... Have hired larger motorhomes in the past and they are not for us as we want to get to more out of the way places.

Very wise, I had driven "big" motorhome with co-pilot (former partner) but driving "big" on my own with only miniature Yorkshire Terrier as co-pilot is intimidating. I simply don't trust his judgement when he barks, could be anything he is alerting me to, a rabbit, another dog, it need not necessarily be an imminent impact.

My advice, big is NOT better in this situation.

Having said that, buying a motorhome of any type is easy, selling the damn thing is quite another matter!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

Angela32

Free Member
Mar 25, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
I'm a newbie
Totally up for doing a deep clean and a little bit of maintenance if it means we can keep the price down. The one we are looking at has sofa cushions that either need recovering and or some foam replacing, also it looks like this van has been used as a "home " for a period with the shower being used daily and the walls are mould marked as a result. I have no idea how much this stuff would cost to do properly. We are near Durham. Can anyone suggest / recommend dealerships in the north east?

Upvote 0

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Angela

Do not know if you would be interested in a swift 630 Royale 1998, I have just traded it into a dealer, everything works on it. he wants 16000 for it but if interested i am sure you could get him down to 13000 as he bought it off me cheaper. Here is info anyway

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hi welcome to MHF .
We are advertising ours As soon as we get round to it.
CI Mizar GTL living TopClass. 2006. 30,000 on clock.
It's ready to go all fully valeted . Non smoking Owners. Spotless. 4 traveling seats, king size over cab , 2 bunk beds. So no making up beds. Big front lounging about lounge with swivel front seats . Fully winterised for all year round camping ( See Spec above for more details )
It's been fully Refoamed and reupholstered professionally . To a modern design. New camping agilis tyres, solar, 2xtrojan batteries, b2b monitor, paragon silver screen, fiamma zipstore awning, had its cambelt done, new breaks and discs. Loads of extras. Loads of pics inside and out .
We're wanting £25k ono
If you or anyone else is interested. Haha save us advertising !

Upvote 0

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
@Angela32 DON't entertain anything with mould. It could cost you a fortune in damp repairs. It's not like a bit of mould in a house bathroom, it may mean that the timbers etc behind the wall panels suffer from rot!

'Deep cleaning' is one thing, but having to pull wall panels and half the van apart will be very disappointing and spoil your first impressions of motorhoming.

Ralph-n-Bev's looks good!

Good luck
James

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Hi yes make sure not damp we have bought
2 used vans both needed deep clean
the first one we changed flooring and just put nice accessories in the second one new flooring and re covered upholstery and just brightened it up with nice bedding etc used vans are fine you can put your own stamp on them we like warm and cosy
best wishes for getting sorted.

Upvote 0

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
simply don't trust his judgement when he barks, could be anything he is alerting me to, a rabbit, another dog, it need not necessarily be an imminent impact.
Or the poor little pooch could just be needing the toilet! :)

Angela, as has been mentioned above, I should avoid anything with mould you can actualy see, because if they didn't bother to get rid of it what other damp lurks unseen!

KH

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back