LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I found that when they knew that you had booze and nibbles. you cant get rid of them. or me. I will bore anybody to death. just ask DawnB and Duxdelux. they tell me to meet them somewhere and then go some where else. or they tried to I found them. just go and talk to us. we really would like you to.. happy meets funster.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I found that when they knew that you had booze and nibbles. you cant get rid of them. or me. I will bore anybody to death. just ask DawnB and Duxdelux. they tell me to meet them somewhere and then go some where else. or they tried to I found them. just go and talk to us. we really would like you to.. happy meets funster.

Yes, we tried to arrange a meet in the middle of the English Channel but he found us......... :LOL:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Twice I've met Funsters on the road, one was very nice and asked us back to their van for coffee the others just smiled when we introduced ourselves then said bye we'er off to see our friends. Each to his or her own, wont stop me introducing myself next time I see a Funster sticker. :D

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
image-jpg.57662

It has just got to be this one because I've just bought this.......

View attachment 57664

and a motorhome with a garage large enough to hold it .

Now I called it a trike but others say it has got kiddies stabilisers.
Can I have a go :)
You can have a bash with mine :D
image.jpg

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
Try being a fat, bald loud mouthed Londoner !!!! LOL !!!!

I'm a quiet-ish yorkshire girl..and I once married one many moons ago...a charming cockney-Irish lad...still don't know how that happened!;)

The latter has happened to us as well - got completely blanked by someone on here when I introduced us, which was extremely rude....

Oh dear...I so hope I don't inadvertently do that to a Funster....please be aware anyone who talks to me (if I'm lucky enough;))...if I blank you in any way it could be that my hearing aid batteries have gone kaputtttt and I'm relying on lipreading alone...so if I cannot see your face I cannot read your lips either..so will not respond...so my profound apologies in advance!!

Ps I also struggle to "hear" when drinking anything containing alcohol...Im too busy giggling! :whistle:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I...if I blank you in any way it could be that my hearing aid batteries have gone kaputtttt and I'm relying on lipreading alone...so if I cannot see your face I cannot read your lips either..so will not respond...so my profound apologies in advance!!

I'm also Mutton Jeff in my right ear so if I don't respond give me a tap to draw my attention. I don't do it deliberately. I don't hear at all well in a noisy situation. :)

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
I'm also Mutton Jeff in my right ear so if I don't respond give me a tap to draw my attention. I don't do it deliberately. I don't hear at all well in a noisy situation. :)

Well I'll ensure I'll always sit on your left side then....simples(y):D

Ps in retrospect, you might wish I hadn't if I've got giggles...:rolleyes:

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012

I'm deaf in my right ear as well but does have it's uses when hubby snoring, thunder or alarms while i'm in bed, I just lie on left side.:D

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@houdini
Re Teddy R, we are at Warsash now, looking to see it tomorrow and excited? Just a bit ( I know it's sad really :giggler:)
Love Black Knowl but managed to persuade Les to try somewhere new(y)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Maybe we should do a deaf awareness workshop at a meet - finger spelling, communication tactics, funny misheard quotes (always a crowd pleaser).... You can take a girl out of communication support, but ...... I must take retirement seriously! (y)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
The most friendly bunch of Funsters are the Fray Bentos Pie Dining Club. They always talk to anyone... especially if they have brought supplies from Blighty.

They have to talk to anyone or they would lose the power of speech, face it JJ the FB Pie dining Club consists of YOU and well you.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
@houdini
Re Teddy R, we are at Warsash now, looking to see it tomorrow and excited? Just a bit ( I know it's sad really :giggler:)
Love Black Knowl but managed to persuade Les to try somewhere new(y)

@Debs - We're going to try and go tomorrow as well, we'll look out for your Adria parked up at Stokes Bay (do you know whereabouts you will be?). We've got an oldish Adria but not taking it this time, will be in a CRV. :)

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
We have just been on the rally at Benicarlo, didn't know anyone, all very friendly had a brilliant time, even though I admit I wasn't as social as I would normally be as I was ill with a wound infection and then a cold which developed into a chest infection, still made really welcome even though didn't attend all gatherings.(y)

Lin

Ps now in camping playa de mazarron, Costa calida, if any funsters want to say hi, only slightly infectious now :eek:

Must concur re Benicarlo, not sure about your contagiousness so stay in Spain :sick:

Those posh lot who have been to Morocco always look down on us ordinary folk but we know who they are because they have small dents all over their vans where the kids have thrown stones at them for being mean and not handing out cash/sweets/pencils/cocaine etc.

As for the Benicarlo lot... Pahh... They are almost as "exclusive" as the Benidorm mob.

The most friendly bunch of Funsters are the Fray Bentos Pie Dining Club. They always talk to anyone... especially if they have brought supplies from Blighty.

JJ :cool:

And as for you Mr JJ, we the Benicarlo clique had LOTS of pies, curries and kebabs. Fray Bentos pies are sooooo yesterday (but keep one for me in November for old times sake) (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I intend to post whenever I can on my next trip, similar to the Two Plus Dog thread last year, but all posts will be delayed by 24 hours to ensure there is absolutely no possibility of meeting any of you.
In the unlikely event of actually meeting someone they will be plied with sub-one euro a litre wine until they fall over. Or I do first.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
houdini said:
@Debs - We're going to try and go tomorrow as well, we'll look out for your Adria parked up at Stokes Bay (do you know whereabouts you will be?). We've got an oldish Adria but not taking it this time, will be in a CRV. :)
Not been before, any recomendations Please?
Fun sticker in the windscreen (not that I'd expect more than one Adria vision to be parked up)
It'd be great to meet you(y)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I've always wanted one of those ever since I saw Billy Connelly on one in his NZ series. :happy:

When we toured New Zealand many years ago we met Billy at Fox's Glacier whilst he was making that series and got his Autograph and had a thoroughly great time just chatting with him. He's been my comedy hero for many many years now.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Not been before, any recomendations Please?
Fun sticker in the windscreen (not that I'd expect more than one Adria vision to be parked up)
It'd be great to meet you(y)

No sorry, not been before either. Hope to see you. :)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
A black duck? oh right we cannot mention sheep in case some members get amorous.

Errrr... sorry you do black sheep and we (French) do black ducks compared to the white and elegant swan! In fact we call that little duck "the ugly little duck" Mind you , I did hear black sheep in french too! I must have a very selective memory lol

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
They were in their little clique?

I have suspected for some time that the hard core of rallying funsters are actually shape-shifting reptilian aliens from the Zeta Reticuli star system, working under deep cover to plot the overthrow of our planet at their so-called 'Meets', where they gather to imbibe of a strange red brew and talk in unintelligible lizard-speak.

You can find out more at http://www.davidicke.com/ where he's currently doing a two for one special offer on tin foil helmets.

Must log off now, the paranoids are after me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back