Milo

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Lancaster, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
I've recently received an e-mail saying, "Milo! We miss you!" That was a smart move because after a couple of questions I'd asked to which I received no, then very slow answers, and reading at least one thread in which several folks having fun in the Spanish sun were, it seemed to me, quite maliciously boasting of their good fortune to those of us at that time stuck in Britain's gloomy weather, I thought this wasn't a forum to which I'd return.

I would suggest that whether or not I'm right about what was being said, or implied, the fact is that first impressions count, and my first impressions of this forum were very negative. No "Fun" was to evident.

Anyway....., here's a short account of an overnighting trip which I enjoyed in gloomy British weather. Earlier this week I drove into Cumbria and on into the Border region. For years I'd thought Scotland wasn't very special until north of the Great Glen, and the real highlands and islands are still my favourites, but eventually I discovered, or allowed myself to be distracted by, Argyllshire, then The Trossachs and I'm belatedly finding that the Borders are well worth a visit too.

I hope you enjoy the short tale.

I suggest you take the "Slideshow" option and "F11" for full screen views. Most of these images have captions - to read them select "Show info".

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Milo,nice pics and a history lesson thrown in :thumb: thanks
terry
edit -- chestnut stew??????

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Milo
Great Photos and write ups. I really enjoyed them and it makes me want to visit even more than I did before. Keep em coming.

I'm glad your back.:winky:

Sonja

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Milo

Great pics, very informative, thanks very much for posting the link to them.:thumb:

OP
OP
Milo

Milo

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Lancaster, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
chestnut stew??????

Well, thank you, folks. Unless I know nothing about somewhere, I can't help doing little "history lessons". And a chestnut stew is a vegetable stew with whole chestnuts chucked into it. I didn't make it in the van, of course, because I'm far too lazy. It travelled with me all the way from Lancashire.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
cookery lessons as well :thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements