Unable to seal water tank connection. (1 Viewer)

grymbo

Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avangarde 150
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi. Replaced my water pump in freshwater tank. Since then unable to seal connection (see pic). On removal original gasket/flat rubber washer fell to pieces.

For your information:

• I have a Compass Avantgarde 150, 2009 plate.
  • The plastic "nut" is fixed to the threaded barrel which in turn enters the tank from the exterior.
  • Lying between the plastic nut and the external wall of the water tank lay the gasket/flat rubber washer. No other washers were evident either externally or internally.
  • The metal nut holds the connector in place from the inside of the tank, the pump being connected by a piece of 1/2 tubing and a press fit right angled connector.
  • The barrel of the connection is 25ml in diameter.
Have trawled the internet looking for flat rubber washers of this diameter to no avail. Any attempts at improvising have so far failed i.e. when pump turned on water gushes out from the connection.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Regards

Grymbo

Attachments

• P1030492.JPG
    P1030492.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 36

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
when pump turned on water gushes out from the connection.
Do you mean from the push fit connector ?

If so check the internal O ring is in its groove....it should not be right at the back..
its very easy to push it out of its groove with the plastic hose and it will sit at the back of the connector.
also make sure the hose is pushed fully home...you should feel resistance as the hose locates against the rubber O ring then it will push a little further in.
a little olive oil will help the hose slide in if its very tight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

grymbo

Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avangarde 150
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Many thanks. Having played about with the press fit connector following your suggestion, this may well be the problem. Will certainly give it a closer inspection tomorrow. Have also ordered the washers. Again many thanks.

Regards

Grymbo

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Belt and braces maybe, but as the washers come as a pack i would place a washer both inside and outside the tank connection.

I recently fitted an outdoor tap at home and had the same problem.
checked the O ring and sure enough, it had dislodged.
reseated it and a perfect seal.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back