Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Having been the recipient of some helpful advice in this section I thought that I'd add a small (and possibly pathetic) tip to help address the balance! :)

I found that the Sat Nav stuck to the windscreen (Fiat 130 2010 chassis) was a bit far away for me and also it caught a lot of reflections on the sat nav screen.

The clip on the dash looked as thought it could be useful and I saw that on one thread in the section someone had mounted their sat nav on an 'Asda' clipboard and then put that in the dashboard clip, brilliant idea.

What have I got that is smooth and 'clippable' I thought? Well I always have a pile of empty DC/DVD cases in stock for sending out photo DVDs.

You can see the result below. Stick sat nav mounting sucker on CD/DVD case, then clip said case into the clip and Bob's your uncle! Nice and close and out of the way when you are closing the screens at night.

As I said I always keep some in stock but all you need is any old CD case (use one of your Max Bygraves CD cases), throw the CD away take out the blurb and there you are. A nice and simple mount for your sat nav. :)

Appologies to any Max Bygraves fans. If you like Max then substitute any of your other half's CDs that you don't like...

KH

IMG_0236.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Max Bygraves? Would the sucker stick to a 78?

Handy tip though - I'm going to try that!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Photo4x4

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Same idea but I've used a piece of perspex as it's less liable to crack.
True indeed, by my tip is for people who haven't got a piece of perspex! :)
Plus with my tip you can get rid of one of your Max Bygraves CDs. :LOL:
Max Bygraves? Would the sucker stick to a 78?
What's a 78? Must be before my time...;)

KH

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
True indeed, by my tip is for people who haven't got a piece of perspex! :)
Plus with my tip you can get rid of one of your Max Bygraves CDs. :LOL:

What's a 78? Must be before my time...;)

KH

What! No perspex! Next you'll be telling us you've got a turf roof on the van.::bigsmile:

The fatal flaw with your logic is that if the Max B CD isn't in it's case the house-proud SWMBO will seek a place to put it and this could very well be the CD slot. Eeeeeeek!!!!! Now if you had said use the CD itself as the mount that would have been a different story.:clap2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back