Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
I just new this would happen....... Dear Wife and I went to Highbridge for her to get her fill of wandering around and stroking motorhomes (we still haven't seen one we would be happy to sell ours to buy yet) HOWEVER,,,, She saw one that used to have a U shaped rear lounge but now has a drawer section in between the U, remove centre cushion and have drawers with top, if that make sense - "nice to put a lamp on, and drinks when were watching a DVD", she says.
:doh:
She now has me trawling through ebay looking for a drawer unit to go between the U, bit like some caravans I have seen.

I thought I would try here first - anyone going the opposite way or have a set of drawers going, in light(ish) woodgrain??????:blush:

Size required 67cm wide, 57cm deep (max) 45cm high (max) - just when I thought it was safe to sit down, off we go again.

"Windbreaks",,,,,,, "we need new windbreaks too" she was bleating as I was dragging here away. No doubt we will be looking for those too soon.
:Eeek:

Regards,

Trikeman.:wink:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I take it your SWMBO didn't notice that the drawers have a top that unfolds so that you could have meals there without having the table out.
Older models flip, newer models slide . (The drawers, not the SWMBO!!!)

Last edited:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Often thought that windbreaks are like a property boundary, "this is mine, don't enter" and it stops people saying.......Hello mate......

Am I wrong?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Often thought that windbreaks are like a property boundary, "this is mine, don't enter" and it stops people saying.......Hello mate......

Am I wrong?

For us - yes.

We are not into getting all 'territorial' about our space, but a windbreak enclose gives both our dogs and grandkids somewhere to 'hang out' without the additional worry of 'where are they'.
Out in the sun with a reasonable amount of freedom (and not able to wander off) gives us all a break - anyone is welcome to pop over and say hello, we get it all the time.

Trikeman.;)

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Yay - struck a compromise.

In the overcab bunk when we bought MoHo there was a shelf in the same woodgrain - didn't know where the hell it was for or where it came from,,,,,, Anyway, just found a use for it - two nice 'L' brackets and voilla, now have a drinks and lamp shelf over the top part of the U - result and now in the good books.
:clap2:
Regards (and thanks for the replies)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Yay - struck a compromise.

In the overcab bunk when we bought MoHo there was a shelf in the same woodgrain - didn't know where the hell it was for or where it came from,,,,,, Anyway, just found a use for it - two nice 'L' brackets and voilla, now have a drinks and lamp shelf over the top part of the U - result and now in the good books.
:clap2:
Regards (and thanks for the replies)

Photo please, might fancy that myself .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Photo please, might fancy that myself .

@irnbru
will report back with the full SP and a photo when I manage to get one - light permitting. It's pretty handy though just demonstrated to SWMBO and she is right happy, another gold star for Mr T and I was allowed a cold Stella to demonstrate with.(y)

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Just reminded me for no obvious reason. I had a gander in a new Rapido and the kitchen shelf invented by @techno is now a standard fitment. Its a brilliant idea and I might get round to doing one, but hard to get matching wood so might look an eyesore.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back