markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Which is the most favoured, Agilis or Vantec, about to change front tyres and would welcome any views

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
I had 2 conti campers fitted to the front last year, supposed to be quieter them michelin, but i couldn't tell any difference. just had 4 fitted to the rear today. A little bit cheaper than michelin,but still a very heavy solid tyre.
And in my opinion just as good as michelin.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
[QUOTE"markh, post: 1350750, member: 31819"]Which is the most favoured, Agilis or Vantec, about to change front tyres and would welcome any views[/QUOTE]

Where in the Edinburgh area are you getting them fitted as we are thinking of getting a couple of new ones and would be interested in the replies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
North Berwick, don't know why I put Edinburgh on my profile!

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Guess so, hence my profile picture, taken from a balcony at the Sandos Monaco in Beindorm!

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Our motorhome has bridgestone at the moment and that just happens to be what our local garage supplies.

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
I use black circles so you can get any tyre you wish, fitted by Howard Selby in NB

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
[QUOTE"markh, post: 1350750, member: 31819"]Which is the most favoured, Agilis or Vantec, about to change front tyres and would welcome any views

Where in the Edinburgh area are you getting them fitted as we are thinking of getting a couple of new ones and would be interested in the replies.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting a couple of michelin's fitted next week at Newton Garage Edinburgh used them before to do my mot, I find them to be really good also see other motorhomes going there!

Fancy Pants

Free Member
Mar 16, 2015
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
We've just put Michelin campers on ours, the reason being they have a M&S marker on the tyre wall which is apparently required when driving in Europe. Continental had a slightly better write up but don't have the M&S marker on them.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I had Continentals which I was happy with. I changed to Michelins because they are M&S rated and because of positive reviews. I am very pleased with them, they seem quieter and ride better soaking up bumps and poor road surfaces better. They were not that much dearer than Continentals and for me I wouldn't go back to Continentals now.

I expect you will get replies from people who will swear by each brand.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Not so long ago the Michelin's were quite a bit more expensive than Contis.
These days they're the same price, both offer m & s rated tyres, so it really is personal choice.
Mine already had Michelin fitted, spare is michelin, seemed logical to stick with the same.... Might have considered changing if the price differential was still there. Michelin prices have historically been eye watering !

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I've heard that winter tyres don't handle so well on when cornering as they are softer .... Any thoughts on this? I'm looking to get new m&s tyres to replace existing ones; has anyone ordered from Germany where they are cheaper?

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I've heard that winter tyres don't handle so well on when cornering as they are softer .... Any thoughts on this? I'm looking to get new m&s tyres to replace existing ones; has anyone ordered from Germany where they are cheaper?

Yes I got 4 Michelin agilis alpin tyres last year from Germany,
They arrived within two days at a price substantially better than the UK price,
I also have a set of Michelin agilis summer tyres on alloy rims and didnt not any appreciable difference to the handling, but we are talking about a 4 ton MH shaped like a brick, let's face it! It isn't a sports car,
The winter agilis alpin are softer as far as the ride is concerned but still handle well at motorway speeds with trucks/ coaches not causing any concern,

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

Been running Michelin Agilis M+S for over 4 years now 40000 miles summer and winter no problem with wear or handling.
Bought a new set localy this week £104.00 each

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Been running Michelin Agilis M+S for over 4 years now 40000 miles summer and winter no problem with wear or handling.
Bought a new set localy this week £104.00 each
Was that price including fittng?

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Yeah but it was a mate of mine and he said it was a special. Couldn't get close to that price elsewhere not even internet sales.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Where in the Edinburgh area are you getting them fitted as we are thinking of getting a couple of new ones and would be interested in the replies.

I'm getting a couple of michelin's fitted next week at Newton Garage Edinburgh used them before to do my mot, I find them to be really good also see other motorhomes going there![/QUOTE]

Going to give them a ring next week, good feedback. We use D and G for the cars as in walking distance but wasn't very happy with new tyres on daughter's Mazda.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Even if you're not going to the Continent in winter, the big advantage of M&S marked tyres to me is the "Mud" part rather than the "Snow"! Less likely to get stuck on a soft campsite after our typical British weather!

I used to have an old 5 series BMW, a car that was notoriously bad in the snow. M&S marked tyres transformed it in the snow, and a couple of occasions I had to go across muddy fields they coped well then as well. On the car I change wheels between summer and winter, but on the motorhome M&S tyres all year round are fine I reckon. Mine are more likely to need replacing due to age deterioration rather than wear.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We have the continental Fourseasons2 which are marked with the mountain and snow flake and are more of a snow tread pattern than the Michelin M+S, the ride is good, we think better than the Michelin campers and they are great in a muddy field.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back