If you have a phone with flashlight...read (1 Viewer)

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Just had a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q8xz8xKEFvU
If you have a phone with a flashlight app, you might well want to look at this video, I don't know if it has been posted before, but what the heck, might as well be informed.

Its good to be reminded just how careful you have to be when downloading ANY app for your phone or Tablet, after all how many actually read the terms and conditions before they click "Agree"

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Just had a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q8xz8xKEFvU
If you have a phone with a flashlight app, you might well want to look at this video, I don't know if it has been posted before, but what the heck, might as well be informed.

Its good to be reminded just how careful you have to be when downloading ANY app for your phone or Tablet, after all how many actually read the terms and conditions before they click "Agree"
This video gets worse with age, Billy. I think its about three years old now. Its a bit of a con, yes, you should be careful what apps you load, and where from, but its pretty well documented that this guy was scaremongering for his own business interests. I spoke to an IT guy when I first saw this. He just laughed.

OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
This video gets worse with age, Billy. I think its about three years old now. Its a bit of a con, yes, you should be careful what apps you load, and where from, but its pretty well documented that this guy was scaremongering for his own business interests. I spoke to an IT guy when I first saw this. He just laughed.

Oh well, thanks for the heads up on that, still the good thing is, it is a reminder, be careful out there (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Could never understand why some minor apps, like the flashlight app, needed access to your contact list, location, ability to phone people, google account etc.

Its a method of turning on an LED or increasing the brightness of your screen if you dont have a camera flash....it shouldnt need access to anything other than your camera of screen settings.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
The problem is that there is no individual permission for the light. It's part of the camera, so the app has to ask for permission to use the camera.

Android has tightened up on permissions recently, but it has also reduced what the user sees. I believe the thinking is that if the user is only presented with essentials, they are more likely to actually read it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back