Germany . . . WiFi (1 Viewer)

Aug 4, 2009
Saltdean, Brighton
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
22 years
Further to my earlier post regarding The Romantic Road GERMANY . . . sorry I forgot to put that last bit assuming Funsters being the source of all knowledge would have heard of it! Thank you for all your replies. Taking it to the next question . . . we extensively toured the Mosel/Rhine last year and found WiFi very difficult to get any suggestions please as to the best way (easiest being a big thick on technology) on how to keep my internet connection? Many Thanks.

May 31, 2011
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
re-living the gloryb days of series 2 BC
Sorry me again - bought a pre-loaded 30 day SIM card for 10.95 all set up and ready to go - various downloads mean more cost
Oh from T mobile store

May 31, 2011
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
re-living the gloryb days of series 2 BC
Hi, yes the more mets you want the better grade sim you need - we only use for weather, searching sites and email so 250mb was ample
We found hotspot erratic and site wifi variable so the sim was good backup

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Oh from T mobile store

Did you purchase that sim locally or uk before you set off ? My needs sound similar to yours so that was 10.95 Euros ?
I perhaps would want to do a few Skype video calls, I think that is data hungry. Can you illuminate my dimness please ! :)

PS I was unaware that there are different grades of sim ????

Last edited:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We used ay-yildiz card purchased from a mobile phone repair shop. The big companies often require proof of residence in Germany. If memory serves the card came with 2gb and cost 20eur.
A Skype video call will eat into data, my wife used 1gb on a 30min call, anything that stream video is data hungry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back