1st trip in new Motorhome tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I have been busy packing it up today, I feel the windbreak, chairs and table may be a bit optimistic but the Fray Bentos pie has been safely transferred from the old van in case of emergencies. I think I just have to fill fridge in the morning and then when Nick finishes at lunchtime we will be off. Very excited, had my first go at filling the lpg thing, I have no finger nails left but the nice man at Pemco Pitstop in Yeovil was very helpful, 57p a litre.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I have been busy packing it up today, I feel the windbreak, chairs and table may be a bit optimistic but the Fray Bentos pie has been safely transferred from the old van in case of emergencies. I think I just have to fill fridge in the morning and then when Nick finishes at lunchtime we will be off. Very excited, had my first go at filling the lpg thing, I have no finger nails left but the nice man at Pemco Pitstop in Yeovil was very helpful, 57p a litre.
Well done you - its a bit scary isn't it? (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
[QUOTE="carolyn, post: 1348840, member: 21586"I feel the windbreak may be a bit optimistic [/QUOTE]
ah but in the event of you breaking wind the neighbours will be protected, hee hee. Enjoy your trip and don't forget the corkscrew and credit card.

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you for the kind words, I think I said on here a couple of years back that I bought the Fay Bentos pie before our first meet as I thought it was compulsory and thought there might be a wierd game involved like cheese rolling. I'm still not entirely sure when I would be desperate enough to eat one especially now with a fridge that's a decent size.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
well done and don't forget the CAN OPENER , no point in having a scrummy fray bentos pie or two if you cant open the thing , teeth marks on a fray bentos tin is a sign of desperation:)

enjoy your first tip

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
don't forget the CAN OPENER ,no point in having a scrummy fray bentos pie or two if you cant open the thing
I understand the warranty on the oven is void if you forget to use the tin opener....
I'm sure this isn't the reason why Carolyn started this thread so Carolyn - I hope you have a great trip out in your new motorhome!!

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
First trip in a new van, and Fray Bentos pies, mmm, life doesn,t get any better.
Phil

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Have A good trip. Can't wait To get out in our pvc. Even if it means it's not properly finished, were still going to Whitby goth with the funsters.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
@carolyn. Have a good trip Carolyn with or without the Fray Bentos pies. We are off tomorrow on our first trip since New year, busy trying to see everything goes back into the Motorhome.

micky drip

Free Member
Jul 4, 2012
mid wales
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
5 years
Enjoy. Where are you going for your maiden voyage? Would love to share your pie, washed down with a Baileys or two.
Best Wishes
Martin and Carron

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
good luck on your maiden voyage.enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyy(y):)
Brian & Jo

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Back safe, Fray Bentos pie remains deeply buried in a cupboard. Everything worked well including the TV so after a long walk and the Rugby I was too drained to do anything other than eat out! Looking forward to seeing you too , Martin and Carron.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back