Adds on my screen are getting daft (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It now appears that every single word that I type is now game for placing an add on my screen. I booked a car this week to pick up at an airport, now I am being plagued by adds for car hire at this airport.They should pay more attention to the fact that the car has been booked so I dont require any other adds for cars at this airport. The same happens with everything that I look at. I have nothing to hide but I dont need this service.........Can we turn this spy off.???

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
f... knows! but i find it so annoying as well!lol. but like you say i wouldn't mind if they were useful so much, but usually pop up after you have bought the thing! intrusive or what!lol

best wishes Eddie

hang on a minute..I thought I was answering a PM hence the language? (confused of London :))

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You need to add some add on's to your browser, Adblock Plus is good for stopping all the pop up adds, there are also add on's to stop tracking, Do Not track Me used to be good but it has now changed to Blur and has it's own annoying pop ups when you fill in forms, try a few see which you get on best with.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
You need to add some add on's to your browser, Adblock Plus is good for stopping all the pop up adds, there are also add on's to stop tracking, Do Not track Me used to be good but it has now changed to Blur and has it's own annoying pop ups when you fill in forms, try a few see which you get on best with.
Thanks lenny I will spend a bit of time on that. It appears to have increased tenfold recently, what else they do with all this personal info I dread to think.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
BINGO.... SORTED... Less than 30 seconds...
Got some nicer adverts now..
Took me longer to find out how to spell lineree.... Lingerie, lungeree... You know what I mean... !!!!!!

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Use InPrivate browsing, easily activated on most browsers. This will keep those nasty cookies etc away and delete your history when you close the tab.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back