Itchy Feet on Sherrifs Programme (1 Viewer)

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
So surprized to see someone having problems getting money back from Itchy Feet. They were great when we dealt with them both Eric & Michael gentlemen. Pity if they are letting their standards down

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Yes, saw that!

I can't imagine it's done their credibility any good.

I suppose as it's daytime TV not so many people will have seen it.

I certainly would not deal with them after seeing it!

:cooler:

OP
OP
Gran & Rog

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
well like I say they were quite the opposite with us and helped with our problems

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
today on bbc one they have a program called get the sheriffs . they collect money. today they had to collect from a m/home company. who owed a customer £30.000. he brought a large RV from them. but had a heart attack , so could not drive it again. the m/home company called itchy feet took it back and sell it for him. it cost him £70.000. they told him they give him £6o.000 but would sell it for £65.000 they did sell it eventually , but they only gave him £30.000 because they took a van in part exchange. so he waited till they sold that. and once again they said he would have to wait because they had taken another van in part exchange. so he took them to court. itchy feet was told to pay. they did not so he got the heavy mob the sheriffs to get his money. he got some. but itchy feet took it back to court but lost again. so they paid up. but it took 18 months to get it. so don't itchy feet sell your pride and joy.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
they are just up the road from me. and I went to look at one of their RVs but could not find the keys. so came home. that was three weeks ago still waiting for a phone call.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
they are just up the road from me. and I went to look at one of their RVs but could not find the keys. so came home. that was three weeks ago still waiting for a phone call.
I think I would have a walk back, and just scratch around for a bit. (y)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
yes I saw it. they are just up the road from me. they were really rude to the camera crew. and they made that poor man wait all that time for his money. I wont ever deal with them.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
yes I saw it. they are just up the road from me.

It's the one in Brixworth isn't it. I didn't realise that until you posted.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
when I can I will go back and have a look around. it looked shut this morning.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Just watch the programme and it is the Sywell depot, what a PR disaster for the company, it might end up costing them more in the long run. :unsure:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
thanks for the post, @Gran & Rog , just watched it on iPlayer .. and I thought this was one of the good dealers..

we had been looking at a used Hymer B544 they have for sale..

that's it crossed off the list :rolleyes:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Just watched it. Don't want to start an argument but it looks like the Brixworth site to me. Been there quite often nosing at the yanks they have there. If I ever get one now it won't be from them!
Just out of interest where at Sywell is the other depot? Never noticed it and it isn't mentioned on their site.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Just watched it. Don't want to start an argument but it looks like the Brixworth site to me. Been there quite often nosing at the yanks they have there. If I ever get one now it won't be from them!
Just out of interest where at Sywell is the other depot? Never noticed it and it isn't mentioned on their site.
On reflection I too think its Brixworth. :)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
the sywell site is right on the airport. coming on the a43 you go past it just before the airport.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
they used to have a site in Cornwall, @ Carvynick, Summercourt, Newquay, Cornwall TR8 5AF

.. can still see it on Google maps

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
As they say you cant put a old head on young shoulders.
The dad dealt with it quietly off camera and paid up. Stupid son stands in front of the cameras being the big man and bully boy bet he got a right bollocking.
Fact is they sold the guys RV and then wouldn't pay up nice people to deal with eh!!
They say theres no such thing as bad publicity but I think they would rather not have had this.
Idiots.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Sounds to me as if I-F are having a bad time of it. And doing what they all try and do which is B-S the client? When they started, down in Cornwall? they had a decent reputation I guess that's gone now?. Some of the Old ARVE used to rally down there quite regularly. Was too far for us to go.

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back