Anyone got a Pilote G742 LCE? (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Just traded in our Autotrail Savannah for a Pilote G742 LCE which we pick up next week. I'm trying to get ahead of the game as we don't have much time before we leave for an extended trip in it and I have a couple of questions:
1. Pilote has a fixed island bed which looks huge to me. Will a normal double duvet fitted sheet fit on the mattress or will I need a king size? ?I realise either way there will be some loose material at the corners.
2. Our current silverscreens obviously won't fit but we've noticed that the Pilote has some lovely pull down blinds at the front so we're wondering whether we need a silverscreen for it or not.
May have lots more questions later. Thanks in advance.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
We have a Pilote 733 fge (Earlier version of 742) I would say that silver screen is absolutely necessary in the winter if you want to avoid condensation on the windscreen and also to cut down the heat loss through the large single glazed area.

Also if yours is a 3.0 ltr has the front suspension been upgraded? Ours was the standard fiat springs and the suspension

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Thanks Lunarman. Why would the front suspension need to be upgraded? I think your post ended prematurely.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
You are right there is something missing.

There have been a number of threads about uprating the fiat front suspension Techno100 posted some time ago, and it is a particular problem with A class motorhomes.

With ours the 3.0ltr engine and the extra weight on the front from the Aclass construction primarily caused by the drop down bed, meant that the suspension was effectively running on the bump stops all of the time. Making for a very uncomfortable ride. The standard Fiat springs were not man enough for the job.

I had VB comfort springs fitted which lifted the front by 2.5" restoring the gap between the lower arms and the bump stops. The ride has significantly improved.

John

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
I can't find the full spec for ours which is a 2012 model (Diamond Edition), however the spec for the 2015 model says it has "Reinforced and raised front suspension springs for improved driving comfort" so maybe this was also the case in 2012 (hope over experience!! :rolleyes:).
We pick it up next week so we'll see what it feels like. Will also ask the salesman to see if he knows.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back