Ducato 16in wheels - what valves (1 Viewer)

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Hi all. I've searched far and wide to find definitive advice on where to buy the correct metal valves for my Autotrail Comanche wheels. I've bought a secondhand wheel and want to get a new valve to put in it before I take it to have a new tyre put on. Does anyone have the right dimensions etc or better still a place to buy them? I note that tyresavers seem to have some on their website at ÂŁ30 for 4 but this seems v expensive. Cheers

Bartyfixedit

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 11, 2014
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Self Build Ducato L4H3
Exp
Since 1987
Broken Link Removed

Any good? They do smaller quantities.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
I would have thought the tyre fitter would supply one, in with the fitting, just ensure he knows what its going to be used on and specify high pressure valve.

OP
OP
Cossieg

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Thanks very much for the prompt replies! Last time I went to the local dealers none had metal valves in stock so I want to get some myself & remove the issue! Not sure about the EBay listing you link to Bartyfixedit they don't seem to be all metal so I'm not sure. I did look at the listing previously. Keep up the good work!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Thanks very much for the prompt replies! Last time I went to the local dealers none had metal valves in stock so I want to get some myself & remove the issue! Not sure about the EBay listing you link to Bartyfixedit they don't seem to be all metal so I'm not sure. I did look at the listing previously. Keep up the good work!
They don't have to be all-metal (with a compression nut). They can be conventional fitting with a reinforced base. Three types are pictured here - first two and fourth photos):

Broken Link Removed

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Hi all. I've searched far and wide to find definitive advice on where to buy the correct metal valves for my Autotrail Comanche wheels. I've bought a secondhand wheel and want to get a new valve to put in it before I take it to have a new tyre put on. Does anyone have the right dimensions etc or better still a place to buy them? I note that tyresavers seem to have some on their website at ÂŁ30 for 4 but this seems v expensive. Cheers

I am also looking for one - I have just bought a Fiat Alloy but none of the local tyre places have the valve for it. I will either have them take it off the old one as its the rim thats leaking or maybe we can go split a set? (Although I've just seen where you are so maybe not practical)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I bought some a few years ago from our local tyre and exhaust depot.......ÂŁ8 each fitted So ÂŁ30 for four sounds reasonable today.

OP
OP
Cossieg

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Thanks everyone.
I think either Schrader or Alligator are the right valves for me given the pressures etc. I've found a couple of dealers, Auto4 and PTA Shrewsbury. I haven't ordered any yet though!

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
That looks a good bet - we had a result - our local Tyre place - (Hi Q) had a high pressure metal valve in stock so fitted it all now good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back