A Few Photographs from Polperro in Cornwall Today (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
The weather was lovely today so we decided to spend the day at Polperro.

We started at Fowey at got the ferry over to Bodinnick then onto Polperro. On the way back we stopped in Polruan. There are some amazing views from the top car park here, but I wouldn't recommend trying to get there in a van much bigger than ours.

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

I haven't done much editing on any of these yet which is why the top 2 and bottom shot are a little magenta.

Hope you like them,
David

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
A very pretty place and some nice pictures.
Great now that spring is upon us and the days getting longer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
nice pics I love polperro.such a simple place.its about 12yrs since we were there .we must go again soon(y)
Brian & Jo

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
@Wissel

I don't like you Wissel, my wife wants to move house and live there!
(So do I if truth were known)

Nice photo's (y)

OP
OP
Wissel
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I do love Polperro :)

@Wissel

I don't like you Wissel, my wife wants to move house and live there!
(So do I if truth were known)

Nice photo's (y)

It's a lovely place :)

Luckily for me it's only 10 miles up the road from where I now live so easy to visit. Best thing I ever did, moving down to Cornwall.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
T
Luckily for me it's only 10 miles up the road from where I now live so easy to visit. Best thing I ever did, moving down to Cornwall.

Enough already! no need to rub it in! ;):D

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I do love Polperro :)

It's a lovely place :)

:smiley: Have had house on the market for a year now and grand plan is to move down to Devon or Cornwall. Just got back from a trip down to Looe, stayed on a site near Herodsfoot, bootiful :smiley: your pictures were great reminders of our stay. Very frustrating waiting for someone to buy our house :frowny: It's a converted chapel and like marmite people either love it or they dont ::bigsmile: We spend more time in our motorhome than at home now we're both retired so need a lock up and leave on the mainland, trouble is it seems everyone else our age has the same idea!! Patience is a virtue .... Everything comes to those who wait ..... What will be will be ..... :worried:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Best thing I ever did, moving down to Cornwall.

I love Cornwall and have spent countless holidays there since I were a child.. but don't think I would like to move there.. too many tourists in the summer :LOL:
.. how do you find the 'locals' .. have they accepted you into the community ?

like many places including the Western Isles of Scotland.. you get a great welcome as a tourist, but it's not always easy to move there and be accepted into the community.....even here in rural Suffolk we find there is some dislike of 'outsiders' moving in..

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Lovely photos, my wife Chris is Cornish, comes from Falmouth so we spend a lot of time touring around that beautiful county.

Which camera did you take the photos with?

OP
OP
Wissel
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I love Cornwall and have spent countless holidays there since I were a child.. but don't think I would like to move there.. too many tourists in the summer :LOL:
.. how do you find the 'locals' .. have they accepted you into the community ?

The locals in Cornwall are great. Most places here it's a pretty even split between natives and incomers and besides, we all hate tourists just as much ;)

Joking aside, it's only 6 weeks of the year that the roads are awful. Small price to pay for the money it brings to the area.

OP
OP
Wissel
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Which camera did you take the photos with?

I now use a Canon EOS M - fantastic little camera for landscapes (but to slow for say fast wildlife). I only bought it as a stop gap last year while saving for a Canon 5d III. It was only £200 from Argos including a 18-55 lens. I found I really like the system so I've stuck with it and bought the other available lenses.

I have the new version (M3) on pre-order and should be here in a few weeks (y)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Nice camera the 5D, I have the 7D didn`t think I would need the full frame capability.
Just bought a Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 lens, half the price of the canon equivalent well pleased with it, great for a day at the zoo.

Nice little compact the Eos M thinking of getting one myself to replace my ageing pocket rocket Lumix.

Landyguy

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2013
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Serrano
Exp
newbie from caravan - 5yrs now
Nice pics. Only problem it makes me want to give up work to travel more.
Not been to Polperro for years and remember having crab butties on the headland overlooking the harbour as the fishing boats came in and before it got busy - had left by 10 a.m

OP
OP
Wissel
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Nice camera the 5D, I have the 7D didn`t think I would need the full frame capability.
Just bought a Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 lens, half the price of the canon equivalent well pleased with it, great for a day at the zoo.

Nice little compact the Eos M thinking of getting one myself to replace my ageing pocket rocket Lumix.

It was the 7d I had before my M - great camera.

I was using mainly a Canon 10-22 and the Tamron 24-70 VC on it and was very surprised when I was getting better results (for what I photograph) with the M and it's native lenses..

If you want a compact solution to replace your Lumix, the M with maybe the 22mm prime (silly cheap and ridiculously good) is a great "carry in the pocket" solution for a Canon DSLR user, as you can get the adapter and use all your big lenses.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back