Ducato wing mirror indicator bulbs (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Does anyone know what type of bulb is fitted in the Ducato wing mirrors (mine's a 2010 model)? The Fiat manual refers to 'Side turn signal indicators' - does this mean the ones in the mirror housings?

Thanks in advance to anyone who might know. :Smile:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amber-Ora...004?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item418bcaadb4

EDIT NOT SUITABLE FOR CANBUS so why they hell do they list these for 2008 2010!!!

This is the problem I'm having. For the 'side turn signal indicators' (if that means the one in the mirror housings) the Fiat manual lists W16WF if it's an XL or recreational version and WY5W for all other versions. What version is the cab used for a motorhome? The 5w ones seem maybe better suited to side marker lights on a van ..... I can't find any reference in the manual to wing mirror housing bulbs or how to replace them. All other bulbs get a description and diagram. :RollEyes:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Indicator housing is held by two screws which ought to be visible if you move the mirror glass.
Pictures of them here
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: maz
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Thanks for that Techno. They probably are 5w bulbs then. How maddening that that link sells only the whole lens assembly - with 'free' bulbs. It's only the bulbs that I want! :RollEyes:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes or these
Broken Link Removed

£1.99 for 10

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Marian, about a year ago I had to replace the indicator because a kind French bus driver decided he preferred my lane to his. For the life of me I can't remember what the bulb was like, but the ebay one looks familiar. As Andy says the removal of the unit is surprisingly simple. If you move the mirror to its furthest setting with the switch on the door that reveals a couple of screws, just undo them and the unit comes out. You could do that and take the bulb out and take it to your local Halfrauds to ask what they have. Lost more expensive than ebay though.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Marian, about a year ago I had to replace the indicator because a kind French bus driver decided he preferred my lane to his. For the life of me I can't remember what the bulb was like, but the ebay one looks familiar. As Andy says the removal of the unit is surprisingly simple. If you move the mirror to its furthest setting with the switch on the door that reveals a couple of screws, just undo them and the unit comes out. You could do that and take the bulb out and take it to your local Halfrauds to ask what they have. Lost more expensive than ebay though.

Thanks for that, Peter. Wonder why they couldn't just mention that in the Ducato handbook ..........

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
If you remove the bulb there are two types orange capless bulb its a 5w if its the bigger type clear capless bulb its the 16w
there are two types of lens covers as well

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Peeking through the lens of my 2013 model it looks like the bulb is bigger than the ones linked to above. It is orange, but looks bigger, mind I am looking at it through a lens!

Might be easier to remove the lens before buying anything. Two screws reached by pushing the mirror back on the side behind the lens. They are very small screws so don't lose them! A strongly magnetic screwdriver might be wise if you have one.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
It's definitely not bigger Devon as it won't fit through the hole in the lens
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
If you remove the bulb there are two types orange capless bulb its a 5w if its the bigger type clear capless bulb its the 16w
there are two types of lens covers as well

Nooooooooo! Where will it end?! Why can't it be simple! I only want to make sure I have spare bulbs ......... :crying:

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
There are 2 types of lens type 1 clear with orange capless bulb, type 2 clear lens with a orange cap inside and a clear bigger capless bulb. It is best to remove the lamp unit try not to loose the screws they are very small.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back