LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi...today i had a flat tyre on my bongo never having seen my spare ,set about how to get it from under the bongo,found the winder and it came down on a sort of rope thing "what the hell is this said i" back into house moaning "it's not evan the right wheel or tyre":shout: phoned the garage and they inform me it is a get you home or to garage a space saver :Doh: well i have been driving since 1971 and never came across this before have you??

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
hi...today i had a flat tyre on my bongo never having seen my spare ,set about how to get it from under the bongo,found the winder and it came down on a sort of rope thing "what the hell is this said i" back into house moaning "it's not evan the right wheel or tyre":shout: phoned the garage and they inform me it is a get you home or to garage a space saver :Doh: well i have been driving since 1971 and never came across this before have you??

What a pathetic excuse for a spare tyre:Eeek: probably built on a tight budget:whatthe:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Dave

Quite common nowadays,

I had one on my Vauxhall Vectra , saves a lot of space in the boot, IIRC it was limited to 65mph.

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Welcome to y2k + 9 Luggs.
There all at it now. Space saver my arse, more like money saver. Anyhow yours looks like someone crashed a honda c90 in to your bongo and pulled it out minus the front wheel:ROFLMAO:
Get used to it im afraid, some even just givew you a can of tyre inflator:Blush:

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Sadly, these are quite common on modern cars. My Honda Jazz had one.
Never mind spacesaver - more like waste of space. You can't use them like a normal spare, just use it to get you to a tyre dealer. They usually have a speed limit of about 50 mph. The car handles like a pig with it on.
I used it once when the tyre had been wrecked. Most punctures are slight and I use an inflator to get the tyre back up to normal and head straight for the tyre dealer.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Dave

These are not so new, I had one on a Seat years ago.

Jim :Smile:

COYB

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Dave,

Seen a few of these on cars recently..ONE for a week or so..:Eeek:
I wonder if you can get a set?????

They must have a severe effect when cornering and Stand out like a sore thumb being red....

Saw my first one stowed away in the engine compartment of a car!!!

Are they Truly legal? I wonder if one was involved in an accident, god forbid, would the driver's insurance use it as a technicality to wriggle out of insuring the vehicle/occupants.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
Took it round the garage and felt so embarrassed "hope nobody's looking" it reminded me of when I was a young man and was asked /told to take the baby for a walk in the pram and pushed it with one hand as if it didn't belong to you twas not cool to be seen pushing a pram :ROFLMAO:how many of our members have been there?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Dave

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
funniest thing iv ever seen.......had to do a home wheel change on an XJ jag.

fitted the "spare" then called the owner out of the house to sign the papers......he insisted he wasnt going to drive it with "that thing" on, he said he'd feel a total tw&t and demanded a recovery to a garage. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back