Herman ze German

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
Merc Sprinter self build
Exp
since 2006
We have booked the P&O ferry from Poole to Cherbourg in May , and driving down to Poole straight after work on the Friday night .
Does anyone know if you can park on the port/in the queue for the morning ferry or anywhere nearby?

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Officially you can park after the last ferry has gone. We parked on Sun afternoon,walked into Poole for lunch and a look around.We were first in queue Mon morn and there weren't many there and this was in May.

Nov 13, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
3 years and not long enough
At Poole, you can either park in the check-in lanes or by the side of the large hanger. There are less lights over by the hanger. Someone from Brittany ferries normally comes along to wake you up in time for check-in the next morning. There are clean toilets and free hot showers there along with a place to empty out toilet cassettes, grey waste (if done by bucket I believe) and a tap at the other end of the toilet block to fill up with water (by bucket or watering can - not noticed anyone using a hosepipe there). Payment is normally made at the café but last time we were there, the café was empty and shut up. If there is a ferry coming in late, it can be a bit noisy whilst they unload it....but imho it is just a good excuse to have an extra glass of wine (or two)(y).

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
At Poole, you can either park in the check-in lanes or by the side of the large hanger. There are less lights over by the hanger. Someone from Brittany ferries normally comes along to wake you up in time for check-in the next morning. There are clean toilets and free hot showers there along with a place to empty out toilet cassettes, grey waste (if done by bucket I believe) and a tap at the other end of the toilet block to fill up with water (by bucket or watering can - not noticed anyone using a hosepipe there). Payment is normally made at the café but last time we were there, the café was empty and shut up. If there is a ferry coming in late, it can be a bit noisy whilst they unload it....but imho it is just a good excuse to have an extra glass of wine (or two)(y).

We just parked,used toilet block-no one asked for any money (y)

Nov 13, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
3 years and not long enough
We just parked,used toilet block-no one asked for any money (y)

Didn't say I had ever paid(y);):). Someone told me that the café collected the £5 but I have never been asked for it. Still a handy place to overnight if catching a ferry the next day (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Didn't say I had ever paid(y);):). Someone told me that the café collected the £5 but I have never been asked for it. Still a handy place to overnight if catching a ferry the next day (y)
It is indeed,it was sunny when we were there,and crab sandwiches and a bottle of white wine went down well sitting at a table on the pavement by the quay were very enjoyable (y)

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
It was a godsend for us last October. Came off ferry at midnight, all snug in bed by half past. But someone came for a fiver before 7 the next morning. Well worth it though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back