Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Lincoln area
Funster No
MH
Bespoke PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Ok, it's a tricky question, but I'm looking for some personal recommendations, "must sees" or "give it a misses".
We are going to Sweden in May-June, via Denmark, and coming back via Finland, Estonia to Poland etc. Went to Stockholm last year and came back via Norway. Coming back via Finland this time......we think.
I'm not desperate to tick any boxes, (not collecting countries) more interested in "must sees", but I know that sounds dismissive of other cultures. If you've been there and done it, what did you think?
regards
alan b

OP
OP
yellabellyex

yellabellyex

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Lincoln area
Funster No
MH
Bespoke PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I think we can bury this one now! Pretty well decided that we'll have a week or 10 days in Finland, maybe take a ferry day trip to Tallinn? (Estonia) and back home via Sweden, Denmark etc.
Thanks
alan b

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Sorry to see you didn't get any replies....
Cant help myself as never done it..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
I think we can bury this one now! Pretty well decided that we'll have a week or 10 days in Finland, maybe take a ferry day trip to Tallinn? (Estonia) and back home via Sweden, Denmark etc.
Thanks
alan b

I think you will enjoy Tallinn, mainly the old town area near to the Port.
We have done it a couple of times!

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Estonia deserves more than a day trip to Tallinn. The old city is very attractive if a bit 'Disneyfied' these days. East towards the Russian border and explore the coast and national parks...'wildcamp' in the forests. West from Tallinn to the islands Saareema etc, south to thr beautiful Latvian coast and Riga, the best Baltic capital by far, down to Poland and into northern Baltic Germany. A memorable trip which we did in reverse. Not to mention a visit to the ex Soviet nuclear missile base at Plokstine.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've been to Finland a couple of times but not in a MH. It has a lot of trees.

Porvoo on the south coast has an interesting old quarter, it is Finland's second oldest city apparently. Struggling to think of anywhere else...
But for remoteness and no doubt wildlife it should be excellent.
It is a big country. Has a lot of trees.
Did I mention the trees?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
If the music of Latvia & Estonia interests you, go to www.minimorris.co.uk. Liam Robinson (who lives in Lincoln) has made a study of the music of the area & has lots of contacts out there. I would certainly raid his address book if I was travelling through the area.

Search back a couple of years through his YouTube channel (link on his site) for some examples.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back