'Campercontact' new website soon .. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
If you've not used it or haven't heard of it Link Removed

It also has an app for both Android and IOs .. there is an annual charge for the 'full' version of about £4.50 .. which I reckon is good value for money

IMO .. 'Probably' the best in terms of both number of stops and quality of information..

Reason for posting , I tried to upload a few camper stop places that I know in Scotland but they never appeared on the site, so I emailed to find out why.. this is the reply..

So good news , the old site was a bit clunky.. hope the app is also better

Hello James

it is true that the website will not be filled at this moment. We are working on a new website and are currently working to migrate all data. Next Friday it wil be ready and you can upload your data again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Met vriendelijke groet,

NKC| Europa’s grootste camperclub

Jaap van Ravels

Marketing

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It's to be hoped they correct inaccurate information at the same time. Broken Link Removed.

as you are aware, sites depend on members unloading and informing when they encounter wrong data .. so I would guess, only if someone has made the effort and notified them..

I've checked nearly all the entries I'm familiar with and not found any major errors.. which gives me confidence to use them.. if I find any errors I will inform them.. and if everyone did the same, a better site.. (y)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
We have the app, we use it a lot having added their POI to GPS device and works a treat. We often update including pictures as and when we see a difference, but lately do not see our updates appearing. That explains a lot thanks. The book is very handy for quick look up whilst on the road near a location.

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I did just that in Germany when they had the co-ordinates wrong and we were sent slightly off track. They updated the new info promptly when I told them. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
as you are aware, sites depend on members unloading and informing when they encounter wrong data .. so I would guess, only if someone has made the effort and notified them..

I've checked nearly all the entries I'm familiar with and not found any major errors.. which gives me confidence to use them.. if I find any errors I will inform them.. and if everyone did the same, a better site.. (y)
Yes, Jim, that's the problem - and why I changed my web site. It was possible to keep checking for so long but then there is so much information that it's never ending :) Years in ICT taught me that inaccurate information is worse than no information :)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Yes, Jim, that's the problem - and why I changed my web site. It was possible to keep checking for so long but then there is so much information that it's never ending :) Years in ICT taught me that inaccurate information is worse than no information :)

indeed.. data is only as good as the people who supply and update it .. for admin it can be a thankless task..

anyways.. looking forward to trying the new site and adding locations.. having paid my subs I have a vested interest .. :LOL:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
What kind of stops are Listed please

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Is there an English version - I only know one Dutch word and it seems to upset people!

Ah, found it!

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I can't find an App in iTunes Apps or App Store.
Anyone know where/how to buy the book, please?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I just had a look for places round here. It shows a car park in Saltburn as being OK for motorhomes. One of the photos with the entry shows a 2 tonne weight limit. I would advise caution in use of the entries.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
on play store its not called campercontact when searching but: "all motorhome parkings" ( just found it) handy I guess if sat nav goes belly up:)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
OK have got it and paid for full access..a bit of a problem with google passwords but got there in the end. Just downloading the individual maps now..:)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've just downloaded the Android version and it looks good. Quite a few camperstops in Northern Portugal for example, where we are heading next month.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Right top corner, touch the Nederland and a drop down list to chose the ENGLISH

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Just tried it again....... veery sloooooooow.......... produced a 'runtime error' ...........any one else had that?

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
Just updated the data file from my iPhone, no problems - suggesting the web site is operational. All seems OK. Have you tried again @chockswahay? Cheers. Terran

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Got 'in' just now............ I have to say that the new site looks very nice, easier to use than before. I like the way that reviews are translated at last.

Looks like I'll have to get the 'app' for my new iPad hehe

Thanks @ScotJimland for pointing us in the right direction again (y)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
I have no confidence in my ability to upload this without losing it altogether so will stick with the version I have till I get home in May, used it in France Spain and now morrocco, gets the thumbs up from me (y)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I have no confidence in my ability to upload this without losing it altogether so will stick with the version I have till I get home in May, used it in France Spain and now morrocco, gets the thumbs up from me (y)

as far as I know the phone app hasn't changed, but best wait till you are on a fast reliable wifi to update the app database

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back