She`s off the starting blocks... (1 Viewer)

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Our new Hymer has been gathering dust at the dealers for the past 10 days awaiting DVLA's authority for my cherished plate to be displayed on the vehicle. That authority was granted today.
So next week we take the train to Sussex for a hand-over on Wednesday.
It's been a long wait. We ordered last July, to guarantee us a build slot (anticipating a deluge of orders at the NEC show) and gave the dealer our old motorhome in September to secure us a very good trade-in allowance.
So we are finally down to 8 more sleeps.
Stef.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Enjoy the novelty and then I ask "Is the first dent the deepest"? Two weeks in and it was out with the gaffer tape when a low earth bank ducked under the mirrors and rear view camera and hit the back plastic light carrier (you cannot call it a "bumper"). Gaffer tape still doing a good job four years on - and my pocket not relieved of an extortionate £1000 for a piece of injection moulded plastic and my insurance premium not loaded for mega years to come for an errant Suffolk earth bank!

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Well we can certainly smell the old one...
Oooiiiii, what smell! The MH is clean and fresh.

Good luck with your new MH Jeanette
Our new Hymer has been gathering dust at the dealers for the past 10 days awaiting DVLA's authority for my cherished plate to be displayed on the vehicle. That authority was granted today.
So next week we take the train to Sussex for a hand-over on Wednesday.
It's been a long wait. We ordered last July, to guarantee us a build slot (anticipating a deluge of orders at the NEC show) and gave the dealer our old motorhome in September to secure us a very good trade-in allowance.
So we are finally down to 8 more sleeps.
Stef.

Good luck with you new MH. We are down to 13 big sleeps!

Kath

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I don't know how many till mine arrives:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jeannette van den Oever
Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
Will let you know re build quality. (y) I'm sure the kids will enjoy 'testing' it!
I don't know how many till mine arrives:cry:
Never mind Popeye -the silver lining is it gives you longer to save your pennies for lovely MH stuff. :)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Will let you know re build quality. (y) I'm sure the kids will enjoy 'testing' it!

Never mind Popeye -the silver lining is it gives you longer to save your pennies for lovely MH stuff. :)

Everything I seem to want costs thousands not pennies, self leveling hydraulics is the one thing it doesn't come with; no change from £5000 for that. Then Eddie van Bitz is going to help relieve me of some of my hard earned by fitting his Growler and a Tracker, where does it all end......:cry:

OP
OP
Jeannette van den Oever
Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
Everything I seem to want costs thousands not pennies, self leveling hydraulics is the one thing it doesn't come with; no change from £5000 for that. Then Eddie van Bitz is going to help relieve me of some of my hard earned by fitting his Growler and a Tracker, where does it all end......:cry:
I know - if my husband keeps at it, N&B will have to forfeit their 'Luxury van of 2015' award. :D

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Gaffer tape still doing a good job four years on - and my pocket not relieved of an extortionate £1000 for a piece of injection moulded plastic and my insurance premium not loaded for mega years to come for an errant Suffolk earth bank!
I always repair in place if I can otherwise, remove, & reinforce rear with fibre glass.Skim of filler, sand down, paint . Jobs a
good un. (y)
20 x stronger with Fibreglass.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back