Nationwide Building society Flex account (1 Viewer)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
:) I signed up last Friday and my change over from HSBC is starting today.... They did mention some changes were happening on the breakdown but they only had the old paperwork.. Looks like another bonus... (y)

Does it state a weight ???

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
@MJG1959 Thank's for the info, RAC due for renewal this Wednesday on the Motorhome so I can cancel it tomorrow before they take the payment. Had this Nationwide account for a while now but never bothered with the breakdown cover as we have AA cover for the car with another bank.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
This is presumably with the £10-a-month FlexPlus account, rather than the standard FlexAccount?

Steve

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
This is presumably with the £10-a-month FlexPlus account, rather than the standard FlexAccount?

Steve

yes.. fee payable....
Note.. there is a £100 recommendation bonus. £50 to recomender and £50 to the new account so if anyone is thinking of taking it maybe see if friends / family have accounts first..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
yes.. fee payable....
Note.. there is a £100 recommendation bonus. £50 to recomender and £50 to the new account so if anyone is thinking of taking it maybe see if friends / family have accounts first..
Cannot seem to find details on this on the Nationwide site is it somewhere else?

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Just found it on the Nationwide site Broken Link Removed
Looks like your recommended friend needs to have their main account with another bank before you each qualify for the switch bonus when they switch their main account to Nationwide.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have had a Flexacount for years with the Nationwide and they keep trying to get me to take the Flexplus acc. I keep telling them am more than capable of looking after my own money without paying them to do it for me. There is nothing in this world for nothing. Flexplus costs you £120 per year for them to look after your brass.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Have had a Flexacount for years with the Nationwide and they keep trying to get me to take the Flexplus acc. I keep telling them am more than capable of looking after my own money without paying them to do it for me. There is nothing in this world for nothing. Flexplus costs you £120 per year for them to look after your brass.

Very true, however compared to the cost of the benefits it can be cheaper. I'm on flexaccount not flex plus. I get the breakdown but it doesn't cover me.. if that changes it could save me over 120 quid a year on its own making the account good value for money.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Looks interesting.....looked through the T&Cs cannot find an age restriction for the vehicle - has anyone found restrictions?

My van is 24years old - cannot find european recovery anywhere

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Agree £12o a year but it our case it will be worthwhile.
As we are having a joint account We will have 2 cars on breakdown cover, plus our daughter will be covered when drive our cars, got none at present and recently had an issue.
My current HSBC account pays no interest, the flex plus will give 3% so that will offset against the charges.
Travel insurance, although only max 30 days will compensate for closing old account that gave same cover.
The free overseas withdrawals is a benefit as well as the appliance breakdown cover..
The £50 i wil get after using my Bro in law as a recommender will also offset the cost. :)
Will see how it goes..

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

If you listen very carefully as you are reading the above, you can hear Dvorak's New World Symphony in the background,
And yes my Dad was a great baker.

OP
OP
MJG1959

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp

Yes but for that £10 per month you get a lot of 'fringe' benefits, it's not just for 'looking after your money'.

Steve

Apologies Steve yes that is correct it is the Flex PLUS account.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Yes but for that £10 per month you get a lot of 'fringe' benefits, it's not just for 'looking after your money'.

Apologies Steve yes that is correct it is the Flex PLUS account.

I agree that you do get fringe benefits, but on principle banks have never had a brass farthing from me since they accused me of wanting to munger with there money some 40 odd years ago. Sometimes one has to pay for ones principles :cool:.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
I agree that you do get fringe benefits, but on principle banks have never had a brass farthing from me since they accused me of wanting to munger with there money some 40 odd years ago. Sometimes one has to pay for ones principles :cool:.
I can speak pottery as good as you but whats Munger(n)

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Oh1 its a new word for being overdrawn!! Know it well(y)

OP
OP
MJG1959

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp

Some might call that cutting your nose off to spite your face.

I'm sorry but 10 quid a month for breakdown insurance for account holders vehicles, mobile phone and world wide travel insurance plus extended warranty cover on recently bought appliances seems like a bloody good deal to me.

Yes there are conditions and stipulations to the policies included in the deal but show me an insurance policy that doesn't have them.

Jan 17, 2013
Whittington, Oswestry
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Bourton
Exp
Since 2000
Looks interesting.....looked through the T&Cs cannot find an age restriction for the vehicle - has anyone found restrictions?

I use the Camping and Caravan club Arrival scheme. There are no restriction on motorhomes - age, length, weight or width.
Last year got them down from £250 to £175.00 for the full package plus European. This covers myself and my wife in any vehicle plus one registered vehicle which is used mainly by my son. This year I managed to get the price down to £149.00 as I do not ned the "At Home" service nor the hire car (onward travel). I suppose you have to factor in the cost of the CCC fee but I use their sites quite regularly so would pay this anyway. Like you my motorhome is of an age where most recovery services don't want to know.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Last year got them down from £250 to £175.00 for the full package plus European... This year I managed to get the price down to £149.00 as I do not need the "At Home" service nor the hire car (onward travel).

So getting At Home and onward travel (not sure if this is included in NW/Britannia scheme and can't be bothered to look :sleep: ) for £120 pa (on monthly payments) is not worth it? AND getting £60 cashback if you can afford to keep £2.5k in your account?????

No accounting for taste - Gordon (sorry for poor pun).

PS I'm not a NW share holder; just someone trying to help like-minded folk get a decent deal.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010

I have quickly scanned the policy details and I can not see any mention of vehicle age restriction. Sounds good for us having a 'classic' motorhome.

homercostello

Free Member
Jul 11, 2010
kidsgrove staffs
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs globetrotter
Exp
9 years
our saga breakdown insurance is due to finish so have upgraded my flex account to flexplus I think if you put all the benefits together its a good package. and when abroad there is no charge for cash withdrawals plus world travel insurance and european breakdown insurance. The main thing is as long as you have your bank account then you are covered. We have a joint account so it covers both our car and the motorhome.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back