MY SANEF TOLL CHARGES ACROSS FRANCE (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
In January I traveled to Barcelona and back in my Eribacar coach-built MH (height 2.3m, weight 3 tons)

Outbound Dieppe via Millau, return to Calais again via Millau - just received bill for tolls - £76 total

Normally I would not use toll roads as much but it was so cold I did not want to hang about this time.

The post is just to give an idea of the cost of tolls, your journey will be different from mine

(y)

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
We used the Sanef toll fob on our journey from Calais to Annecy to go skiing a couple of years back .Half the time the stupid thing wouldn't register and I had to get out, then when I totted up the charges it was over 200 euros one way, suffice to say I took the ordinary road all the way back. Much more fun and you see a lot more of the country.

Thanks Antony

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
That's good if you want to get from A-B sharpish, and with the diesel saving not a lot more than using non toll roads.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Half the time the stupid thing wouldn't register and I had to get out,

Never had to get out once but sometimes it took a second or two to register - suited me - RHD van, traveling alone, no electric windows - would have been a pain getting tickets and paying cash

(y)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
The first time I used it, or tried to, it didn't work at the entrance, so we took a ticket. We travelled only a few turn offs to get around a city, drove up to the exit barrier and suddenly it worked, the barrier opened. There was no one in the kiosk to speak to, but I guessed that since they had no record of where we joined the motorway they would want to charge us for the whole section, which of course they did. I retained the unused ticket, photocopied it and sent it to them with a covering letter, and they eventually refunded me the difference.

We find that if you drive up slowly in a straight line down the middle, it does usually recognise the transponder. No last minute changing of lanes, etc. The instructions do cover this procedure.

But where the system does work for us is to use the peage only to go around cities or difficult sections, certainly not for the whole length of the motorway. It's easy to pop on and off with these devices, and is much easier and less risky than facing local rush hour traffic and the dreaded priority a droit junctions. Saves time and alot of stress.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back