Feb 18, 2009
widnes
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 week
hi there
i have not got a motorhome yet but are looking at getting a swift kon-tiki .the wife says i have to sell are 1989/90 nova silverline to make room on the drive .with are buget i think the swift will be at least 15 years old .why a kon-tiki ? i like the look .some feedback about the swift is it agood van .many thanks:thumb:

OP
OP
M

madozz

Free Member
Feb 18, 2009
widnes
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 week
hi there
i have not got a motorhome yet but are looking at getting a swift kon-tiki .the wife says i have to sell are 1989/90 nova silverline to make room on the drive .with are buget i think the swift will be at least 15 years old .why a kon-tiki ? i like the look .some feedback about the swift is it agood van .many thank.
ps are buget is about 12000 pounds

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
welcome to the FUN,

cant go far wrong with a kontiki......we're on our second :thumb:

if you're looking at one that old then please, get it checked for damp.

you will probably get a much newer one than you think for £12k from a private seller but again ...get it checked, worth the time and money and if the seller is kosha they wont mind.

if it has damp you have a real problem and can be very expensive if not impossible to repair.

usual telltales are water marks and staining near the wall/roof joints and around the windows/rooflights. it may also smell musty.

good luck in your search

john.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi and welcome try a run out to spinney motors lots to look at there ,give you more ideas

Link Removed

ps spent many a good night in Widnes ,in the hammer an pincers is it still going?
dave

OP
OP
M

madozz

Free Member
Feb 18, 2009
widnes
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 week
hi and welcome try a run out to spinney motors lots to look at there ,give you more ideas

Link Removed

ps spent many a good night in Widnes ,in the hammer an pincers is it still going?
dave
hi dave thanks for the link iwill give it a try and yes the hammer is still going strong.:thumb:
many thanks john.

OP
OP
M

madozz

Free Member
Feb 18, 2009
widnes
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 week
welcome to the FUN,

cant go far wrong with a kontiki......we're on our second :thumb:

if you're looking at one that old then please, get it checked for damp.

you will probably get a much newer one than you think for £12k from a private seller but again ...get it checked, worth the time and money and if the seller is kosha they wont mind.

if it has damp you have a real problem and can be very expensive if not impossible to repair.

usual telltales are water marks and staining near the wall/roof joints and around the windows/rooflights. it may also smell musty.

good luck in your search

john.

thank you for the inffo .will be out looking this weekend.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread