Hymer B544 - Sigma alarm (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Well, I`ve been getting aquainted with my Hymer today and managed to work most things, washed the upholstry covers which dried on the line in the very pleasant spring sunshine ! (more of that to come hopefully).
It has a Sigma alarm / immobiliser from Brownhills fitted but when I press the fob to set the alarm it beeps repeatedly then the alarm goes off after 15 seconds. The book says to check for a door or window open which there isn`t.
I don`t really know what is covered by the alarm except for movement sensors in the cab and there looks like a magnetic contact on the hab door. Is there any way to identify where the problem lies or is it an engineer job ?
Chris

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I would say the fault could be anywhere, but you might also need to check your garage door if you have one, my Hymer doesn't have an alarm but all the doors link back to the controller, if the hab door or garage door is open or even not quite shut properly it bleeps at me

All appears to be shut, but with a slight pressure on the garage door I hear a small click as it fully shuts, and the controller stops bleeping

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Figaro, we had a similar problem with the Sigma.......agree with what David has said. However, once I got over the problem with the garage/habitation door, I still encountered a another problem. This time it turned out to be the bonnet lid, which wasn't completely shut........after I sorted this it was ok(y)

Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Well, I`ve been getting aquainted with my Hymer today and managed to work most things, washed the upholstry covers which dried on the line in the very pleasant spring sunshine ! (more of that to come hopefully).
It has a Sigma alarm / immobiliser from Brownhills fitted but when I press the fob to set the alarm it beeps repeatedly then the alarm goes off after 15 seconds. The book says to check for a door or window open which there isn`t.
I don`t really know what is covered by the alarm except for movement sensors in the cab and there looks like a magnetic contact on the hab door. Is there any way to identify where the problem lies or is it an engineer job ?
Chris

This may be of help?

My 2004 B544 (RHD) is fitted with a M30 Sigma, operating from three magnetic switches, one plunger type switch, and two motion sensors.
One magnetic switch is fitted at the bottom of the habitat door, another is fitted on the passenger (nearside door), and one fitted on the small outside locker (under nearside window). The plunger type switch is fitted under the bonnet, and the two motion sensors are fitted either side of the windscreen.
If I leave a door, locker or bonnet open, on pressing the fob, the van lights system will flash four times and only after approx. 10 seconds will the alarm sound.
Some time ago, one of my magnetic switches had to be replaced.
Might be worth you locating each of the magnetic switches and checking that both parts of the switch are nearly touching each other when the door/locker is shut.
I think (?) that the bonnet switch can be checked by disconnecting one of the two leads.

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks SIFTA SAM, I found the contact switch on the hab door today and it didn`t look like the two halfs were not lining up so I removed the half from the door and taped it to the other half and this made no difference. I also found one on the nearside door as you state but never thought to look under the bonnet. I also have the two motion sensors either side of the windscreen and I`ll look for a contact on the locker. Maybe one of the switches isn`t lining up or is defective so I`ll go down that route for now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back