Beam deflectors for Europe on left-hand drive Ducato-based MH (1 Viewer)

Dan in Vauxhall

Free Member
Mar 6, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
coach-built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi guys

We just bought a left-hand drive 2005 Burstner Marano (based on a Ducato) and want to go on an extended trip to Europe. Now I’m trying to figure out what the deal is with the vehicle’s headlights which have Eurolite beam deflectors stuck to them (see pics attached). Since this is originally a left-hand drive import from Germany I wasn't sure if the headlights are the original ones or UK replacement ones. Are they a) UK headlights with beam deflector stickers for Europe or b) European headlights with stickers for the UK (if the latter exist at all)?

Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Many thanks and all the best!

Dan
Headlights.jpg

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
take them off for Europe but when we went I left them on as I never drove at night you will have to replace for uk driving.
bill

Upvote 0

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
One way to find out is to 'shine' the headlamps at a wall and see which way they dip (or put more accurately, see what part of the beam is nulled out).

It's difficult to see from the photo, but they don't look all that expertly applied!

When/IF you take these off (the adhesive is a bugger) don't use any spirit that will attack the lens if the lens is not glass.

Hope that helps? Let us know.

Headlamp deflectors are a source of much debate on here. Some fall into the "I never used them.... I've never been stopped.... I don't drive at night.." lobby. Others fit them (A) to comply with laws and (b) so as not to dazzle at night or in daylight rain and poor vis'.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As bill says point at a wall see which way the beam kicks up, should kick up on the nearside to illuminate pedestrians.

Or drop a lamp out and get the part number should then be able to Google it or ask a Fiat dealer.

If the vehicle was brought into the UK before 2011 it probably has LHD headlamps but would need beam benders to pass an MOT.

Upvote 0

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
image.jpg
Mine is 2008 LHD with LHD headlights
I have beam deflectors fitted permanently to suit UK
There is no need to remove them once fitted

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Dan in Vauxhall

Free Member
Mar 6, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
coach-built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks wingman and Lenny. I might do that once we've picked it up. Sounds fairly straightforward, but you never know...

I agree, Lenny re: the way the stickers are applied. Looks rather random.

One way to find out is to 'shine' the headlamps at a wall and see which way they dip (or put more accurately, see what part of the beam is nulled out).

It's difficult to see from the photo, but they don't look all that expertly applied!

When/IF you take these off (the adhesive is a bugger) don't use any spirit that will attack the lens if the lens is not glass.

Hope that helps? Let us know.

Headlamp deflectors are a source of much debate on here. Some fall into the "I never used them.... I've never been stopped.... I don't drive at night.." lobby. Others fit them (A) to comply with laws and (b) so as not to dazzle at night or in daylight rain and poor vis'.

As bill says point at a wall see which way the beam kicks up, should kick up on the nearside to illuminate pedestrians.

Or drop a lamp out and get the part number should then be able to Google it or ask a Fiat dealer.

If the vehicle was brought into the UK before 2011 it probably has LHD headlamps but would need beam benders to pass an MOT.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back