Oh for a good gas bottle guage (1 Viewer)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We have spent the last month at Camping Albuferia and heading home on Sunday, as there are not as many gas stations in Spain as Portugal we decided to fill up our Gaslow.

How embarrassing 2 .86 euros

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The option is expensive, change the bottle to the four hole type with a proper float gauge, Gaslow, Alugas & Gast-it all do them.

Or fit a second bottle.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't see it as embarrassing, I would just be pleased as a dog with two ....... And think how clever is that(y):):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
We have spent the last month at Camping Albuferia and heading home on Sunday, as there are not as many gas stations in Spain as Portugal we decided to fill up our Gaslow.

How embarrassing 2 .86 euros

I take it that the gaslow/gas-it systems have no standard gauge on them then? I presumed they would have!!

Keith :cool:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I take it that the gaslow/gas-it systems have no standard gauge on them then? I presumed they would have!!

Keith :cool:
They lie, just like the fresh and grey water gauges do!

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I like the option of having two bottles with an automatic changeover valve.
Once the first bottle has run out I know I've still got plenty of time to get a refill without having to rely on the notoriously inaccurate gauges

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
They lie, just like the fresh and grey waster gauges do!

I have been considering switching to a gas-it system and one of the reason's was I presumed you would always be aware of gas levels. I'm surprised by that!!! (n)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I have been considering switching to a gas-it system and one of the reason's was I presumed you would always be aware of gas levels. I'm surprised by that!!! (n)

With gasit which I have now, the way I think it works is it's unrelable until level low. With two bottles why worry. Many manage for years with no gauge at all ....

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I just got my second Gasit cylinder installed next to my primary Gaslow. The gauges on these are seriously bad.
With 2 though it makes things easier. You just refill after the second one clicks in Like @Robert Clark says :D

I am much happier now.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
With gasit which I have now, the way I think it works is it's unrelable until level low. With two bottles why worry. Many manage for years with no gauge at all ....
You cheapskate Eddie, if you had paid the extra for the four hole bottles they would have been the same bottles as your old Stako ones.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back