Warning - booking eurotunnel with Camping and Caravan Club (1 Viewer)

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Massive fan of the eurotunnel for its speed and flexibility. Joined the CCC this year and having used up all the Tesco vouchers on one crossing decided to take advantage of the CCC discount. Did not realise that eurotunnel counts this as CCC booking, not mine and cannot amend dates/times etc.
Then phoned CCC, who although lovely and polite, informed me that changing the time/date of crossing would incur at £15 amendment charge every time and would need a phone call, every time. They were not able to tell me the different time/cost bands available either without going all the way through booking. In the end I had Eurotunnel website up concurrently whilst on the phone, so I could see the times/prices, but decided not to bother to change
like many, our arrangements, often due to work commitments change and I have always enjoyed being able to shuffle my ticket around, online, viewing alternative options even if its by a day or too.
Will be using frequent traveller in future, especially now out of school holiday commitments

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Personly , wouldn't book anything through ccc or cc, or any other third party come to that , they have to get something out of it , better doing it yourself everytime.

OP
OP
Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Not saying CCC is a bad thing at all, but if you are one of those people who is likely to change plans/ amend bookings , then be aware of this issue. Otherwise you will not only negate any saving made, but also loose independence to view booking and consequently amend your travel plans.

Wobby

Free Member
Aug 26, 2007
Hailsham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2005
Not saying CCC is a bad thing at all, but if you are one of those people who is likely to change plans/ amend bookings , then be aware of this issue. Otherwise you will not only negate any saving made, but also loose independence to view booking and consequently amend your travel plans.
I

That's a fair comment, and useful for people such as yourselves who may have to change things around. For us old folks who have no commitment, children, work ect the ccc or cc save us a few bob to spend on those little extras. (y)

Wobby

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Cc&c club incorrectly booked us to come back to bilbao instead of Santander but when I noticed on the booking form and rung them they insisted they would charge me £15 to change.
I will never use them again.
They wanted full payment 10 weeks before sailing when Brittany ferries only wanted paying 6 weeks before, it was like talking to a wall.
I got off the phone so frustrated and angry.
They insisted they were cheaper than BF when I had the evidence on my screen she still insisted that she was 10 % cheaper.

OP
OP
Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Poor you. I was lucky to have good service, but just wish I 'd known about charges and loss of independence to male an informed decision. If as in @Wobby you are not likely to change then absolutely worth it, just didn't work for me

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Had same problem with a ferry booking through them-When at Parc Verger on way home from Spain I had message that I had appt for an MRI scan in 2 days time in Merthyr :eek:
As we were driving we tried to get them to change booking-complete waste of time.In the end we just got to Calais and paid again-lesson learn't !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back