Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
Durham
Funster No
MH
VW Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
Hi , having read numerous google searches re this and not getting a definitive answer hoping someone can advise me. We are travelling around the Pyrenees during April to June in the motorhome pulling a trailer with a couple of motorbikes , with regard to Spain can anybody tell me what markings I need on the trailer and or on MH , I read that a yellow triangle with blue background has to at front of vehicle ?? And on the bike trailer 2 rectangular reflective markers on the back in addition to my two red triangles , confused ?? Cheers John

Reactions: f6c

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Yes red triangles on anything your towing and if your over 12 meters long you need long vehicle marker, and your speed will be slower as anywhere else you travel. :LOL:
I have read somewhere that the trailer should have a weight plate, but it would not stop me bringing our box trailer down here. :eek: (y) Bob.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Yes red triangles on anything your towing and if your over 12 meters long you need long vehicle marker, and your speed will be slower as anywhere else you travel. :LOL:
I have read somewhere that the trailer should have a weight plate, but it would not stop me bringing our box trailer down here. :eek: (y) Bob.

What is the towing speed on French and Spanish motorways as I towed our small trailer at 60mph and we were regularly passed at a higher speed by others towing.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
If you go to the N332 Spain Facebook page and ask you'll get a definitive answer, it's run by the Spanish traffic police for expats and they are very helpful

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
All new trailers must have EU Conformity, otherwise a manufacturers plate showing weights and axle capacities is required.
Up to 750kg can be unbraked, above that overrun braking required.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Spadger

Spadger

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
Durham
Funster No
MH
VW Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
If you go to the N332 Spain Facebook page and ask you'll get a definitive answer, it's run by the Spanish traffic police for expats and they are very helpful
Hi Mark I've looked but can't find that one , do I need to stick anything else on the fb search , cheers J

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
What is the towing speed on French and Spanish motorways as I towed our small trailer at 60mph and we were regularly passed at a higher speed by others towing.

John.

France is 130kph same as not towing. 110kph if raining.
Spain is 90kph.

The police were wrong and were reluctant to admit it, .

well who ever would have believed that ?:)

OP
OP
Spadger

Spadger

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
Durham
Funster No
MH
VW Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for replies , good to go seems its no different to home as I'm just over 8 mtrs , j ps n332 very helpful now if I get pulled Ill say " but N332 told me it was ok " your honour

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back