LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Wanted to visit friends on a C&CC rally at Almafra, site full so phoned C&CC to join rally, no problem £75 booking fee as you are not booking the ferry as well (we are already in Spain)

Beware expensive friends.

It better be a good rally!!.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
They have really shot themselves in the foot on that issue and it's been the topic of much dicussion down here in Spain whilst on the rallies. One of the rally stewards explained the reason behind it. Many members have joined the Brit Ferries club voyage which costs £130 to join but gets you 30% of sailing price plus lots of other benefits! as a result the C CC is of the opinion this weakens their position when negotiating discounts with BF and they can only offer a 7% discount to members when booking.

I have a feeling they are going to have to reduce this so called admin fee or suffer a membership exodus the strength of feeling is so high.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Wanted to visit friends on a C&CC rally at Almafra, site full so phoned C&CC to join rally, no problem £75 booking fee as you are not booking the ferry as well (we are already in Spain)

Beware expensive friends.

It better be a good rally!!.

Send an email to the CEO and demand an explanation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 9, 2013
Newbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Generally the C&CC are great, particularly their temporary holiday sites in the summer. But I agree - they've got this admin fee thing wrong. We're one of many who have Club Voyage benefits. BF have been very good with all the weather challenges etc. We've been rescheduled and have also had a refund & fuel compensation for our cancelled outward Spanish crossing and have been impressed with the service and efficiency.

Roxie

(Sent as we sit in the long queue at Santander awaiting the delayed departure of Pont Aven this evening - currently scheduled for 9pm).

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
They have really shot themselves in the foot on that issue and it's been the topic of much dicussion down here in Spain whilst on the rallies. One of the rally stewards explained the reason behind it. Many members have joined the Brit Ferries club voyage which costs £130 to join but gets you 30% of sailing price plus lots of other benefits! as a result the C CC is of the opinion this weakens their position when negotiating discounts with BF and they can only offer a 7% discount to members when booking.

I have a feeling they are going to have to reduce this so called admin fee or suffer a membership exodus the strength of feeling is so high.

Not a pitch to be had on Almafra in Jan, Feb so not having much effect,,,BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

swidy

Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
wakefield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
I agree regarding the booking fee charges, but something else to consider when you book in advance with the CCC is that there are no refunds unlike if you book through the site. we booked and paid in advance with the CCC for 21 nights at La manga site, but unfortunately due to a bereavement at home had to go home after only 6 nights, I informed the stewards immediately and emailed the club but they will not consider any sort of a refund. had I booked through the site I would have only paid for what I used.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back