Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
Wokingham, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
I have found the vehicle battery to go flat on my Fiat Lunar Roadstar. Does any one know if the onboard charger should charge the motor battery or not. Should I put a battery conditioner on also.
Thanks Tony

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I have a 2006 (55) Roadstar 786 the onboard charger will only charge the battery that is selected on the control panel. To charge the vehicle battery select it on the panel. This also applies to the 780

I understand that it may be different on the later vans with the digital control panel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cobmonster

cobmonster

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
Wokingham, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Hi cobmonster
I got a small and compact pulse charger from road pro cost £60-00
this does the job for me:thumb:

I have a 2006 (55) Roadstar 786 the onboard charger will only charge the battery that is selected on the control panel. To charge the vehicle battery select it on the panel. This also applies to the 780

I understand that it may be different on the later vans with the digital control panel.

Thanks for the advice. We have the 786 and it has the digital panel, I can select the vehicle battery but after a couple of hours on that setting it did not increase the charge.
But then the battery was flat enough not to start the engine, I have charged the battery with another charger now so I will try the onboard charger again.:Doh:
Tony

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hi Cobmonster,

Another thing to look out for on the version with the digital control panel is that the fridge is not on a relay for 12v and will drain the vehicle battery if left on 12v with the engine idle. This is according to another forum member (fisherman8) who suffered a flat vehicle battery this weekend!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back