LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
At £20 per unit per night the campsite looks a bit expensive but does have, showers, toilets & a clubhouse - perhaps if a lot of Funsters show interest in this then could ask AHA events for a reduced rally rate? Alternatively package deal/reduction with Air Show ticket which is normally £20-25 for each adult.
Can see on website that they offer reductions on tickets for groups of 12 or more.
Broken Link Removed
People do travel from all over the world for this Air Show & it was a great spectacle with loads going on when we last went a few years ago(y)
Big day meet possibility or just discounted group tickets for those that are in travelling distance?

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Wombles

Hi Angela........
We would be very interested in this....(y)
Debs just like there are 2 lots of Bertie Bassetts on Fun there are also us Wombles (Karen & Alan) & Womble (perhaps that's Angela?) :eek: Thought I had better say or it might stick & I'd get called it at the rallies :unsure:
Great that you like the idea of this as a rally though:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
If I knew for definite that my new MoHo would be here I'd say yes as well......

Griff
.....it would be my first trip out following retirement

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Keep us informed it does sound good we would be interested in rally /camping .

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Great to see the interest (y) For tickets the website says that can get a discount if buying 12 or more tickets so can anyone registering interest here add how many tickets they would want & whether just day visitors or may want to rally ? Hopefully once Jemhorn can gauge the demand he might be able a negotiate a pitch & ticket discount :call:
We would want 3 tickets & may want to rally for 1-2 nights depending on price (we only live a short drive away :))

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
We went a few years back ( on the 80th anniversary ) camped with ccc temporary hol site just up the road about a mile away , downhead lane I believe. cycled down & watched from outside the base for free, great display.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
2x adult day air show tickets
friday and saturday night camping 2x adults.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Just realised that the show is a one day event,!!..dduuuhhh!! That being the case we would on!y want two day tickets but still two nights camping... Roy.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just realised that the show is a one day event,!!..dduuuhhh!! That being the case we would on!y want two day tickets but still two nights camping... Roy.
You aren't really wrong as there is this option as well (wonder if they would let us take our motorhomes in?!) on Friday 10th July :
PHOTOCALL - 10TH JULY
Enthusiasts have the chance to drive onto the airfield and use one of the private enclosures situated on the Flight Line to view aircraft arrivals and display practices on the 10 July.

1st Entry Time: 0900-1000

2nd Entry Time: 1300-1400

3rd Entry Time: 1700-1730

Enthusiasts must remain in the enclosure till early evening, when arrivals and display practices have been completed, for safety reasons. This will be between 1830 and 1900 but ask that you are accommodating should times overrun.

Air Day personnel will then direct you to the static aircraft areas, which will be open until 2030.

Please note this is subject to change due to weather, serviceability or operational commitments.

Toilet and refreshment facilities are available.

Tickets priced at £18 in advance on the day.

Joint Photocall and Air Day packages are also available in advance.

Last edited:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Unfortunately not able at this time to get there early enough on Friday to take advantage of this photocall. Question how do I pay for both camping and airshow tickets .?? Roy

OP
OP
jemhorn
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Hi all, I'll be talking with AHA the event organisers next week to see if a deal is available will post with more info when known. Not knowing much about it but it seems a rally is brewing?

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
We are 'interested' and will watch how this thread develops. Hope that's not going to cause an exodus.:blusher:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Museum is very interesting and I believe the hayes moter muesum is also quite near by .

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Fleet Air Arm Museum also gets great reviews http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attrac...Museum-Ilchester_Yeovil_Somerset_England.html so that's 2 days out plus 1 or 2 days (including Photocall Day) at the Air Show & either just across the road or just a few miles away with motorhome friendly parking & a cafe - what's not to love?!:h:
Not that we are biased as we live in Somerset :blusher: Makes a change to have some positive things to post about our area after all the bad press last year.

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Haynes Motor Museum not only offers group discounts but a free guided tour if over 15 or more plus can do catering from cream tea to full meal see Broken Link Removed
Any Funster motoring enthusiasts out there? Perhaps if enough interested they would do a group deal price - Sunday lunch after leaving the Air Show (have to be gone by 12.00 latest) or tour & afternoon cream tea then perhaps permission stay overnight in their overflow car park ?! Alternatively same idea for night/day before the Air Show? Had a look on Google Earth & looks like they have plenty of space. Just an idea....

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Sorry more ideas from the Somerset Wombles Tourist Board:imoutahere:
Group bookings at the Fleet Air Arm Museum have advantages too - again with the option of a guided tour, reduced cost entry & catering available from £3.50 for a cream tea to £10.50 - £12.20 for 2 course lunch with tea/coffee see http://www.fleetairarm.com/Uploads/Files/en-GB/catering packages for groups.PDF. On the website they suggest allowing 4 hours to visit plus time for lunch/cream tea so not sure how best this might fit in with the Air Show but again a possibility before or after if enough people interested... http://www.fleetairarm.com/air-museum-group-visits.aspx
Like the idea of group spending power & getting a better deal:)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi all, I'll be talking with AHA the event organisers next week to see if a deal is available will post with more info when known. Not knowing much about it but it seems a rally is brewing?
Thank you - hope they can do some kind of deal(y) Any more Funsters interested in this potential 1-3 night rally / day meet in July in sunny Somerset? The more interest the more likely a deal should be :)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Updates later this week ref. Fleet Air Arm Museum Friday 10th July & Haynes Motor Museum Sunday 12th July possible group discount deal info. for anyone that might be interested;) Watch this thread for details coming soon from Jemhorn about the Air Show Saturday 11th July & camping (9-12 July):)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Have talked to group booking contact at Fleet Air Arm Museum http://www.fleetairarm.com/ (on same site as Air Show) & don't think that group booking offers that much benefit for the work involved. Best value is to use Tesco Clubcard vouchers http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=46 or if paying on entry remember to fill in the form to Gift Aid your entry fee (no extra cost) then you can return free as many times as you like for a whole year (y) The museum is open as usual so ideal for the Friday if camping as just across the road & understand that the cafe has good homemade meals as well as cakes, coffee etc. It has a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2014 http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attrac...Museum-Ilchester_Yeovil_Somerset_England.html. Hope this helps some of you :) Will post my findings with regards to the Haynes Motor Museum once the group booking contact comes back to me at the end of the week...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back