LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I much prefer this one for reeeeeeaaaaalllyyy getting the message across.

It's not for the faint hearted mind!

Apologies if it shocks anyone, but unfortunately, it is reality these days, and yet some still don't learn. :(

Regards,

Jock.

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Wow, that hits the spot. All those innocent people affected by this bloody mobile blight. How can it be stopped or enforced?

Keith :cool:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
OMG ... did anyone else start crying when that little girl spoke? I know I did.... Not just the guilty people who suffered and THAT is what gets me soooo angry..... Should definitely both be shown at peak times... if it upsets people so be it ..... something has to be done to make them listen.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
RIP my lovely wife killed by someone more interested in tuning his radio than watching where he was going. Many lives shattered and ruined by his careless act. Will others learn? " It won't happen to me...." Really???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
RIP my lovely wife killed by someone more interested in tuning his radio than watching where he was going. Many lives shattered and ruined by his careless act. Will others learn? " It won't happen to me...." Really???
Oh Jon, so sorry to hear that... Wish I knew what to say.... don't so just sending you a hug. :(

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
If everyone had a dashcam and was prepared to report those caught on cam using a phone at the wheel the problem would go away.

I proposed that on a thread a while ago and most were against the idea.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If everyone had a dashcam and was prepared to report those caught on cam using a phone at the wheel the problem would go away.

Now THAT's one law I would back you up on. Good idea.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I much prefer this one for reeeeeeaaaaalllyyy getting the message across.

It's not for the faint hearted mind!

Apologies if it shocks anyone, but unfortunately, it is reality these days, and yet some still don't learn. :(

Regards,

Jock.

What should be shown is the real aftermath of a crash like that instead of faking it.....that would have more impact.

In the vid there is not enough frontal damage to either car with a closing speed of maybe 120mph and nobody would have been hurt as there is nobody in the cars......
look at the clipped picture.

Screenshot_2015-03-01-12-13-57.png

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

The problem will NEVER go away.
we have had drink driving laws since the 1960s at least, but folks still drink and drive.

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
So very very sorry to hear about your wife Jon...empathic huggggs too. I was going to rant-post about a guy who, whilst on the phone, rear-ended me in a car accident that left me unable to ever work again (was already profoundly deaf pre-accident but f/t working)..but my situation totally pales in comparison. Thank you for the gentle timely reminder x

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
The problem will NEVER go away.
we have had drink driving laws since the 1960s at least, but folks still drink and drive.

The numbers are hugely reduced in terms of drink driving from the 1960s !!

So suggest an idea to prevent people using hand-held mobile phones at the wheel. Just saying it can never be solved is not constructive surely.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
really shocking. I hope the police can find a way to stop them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back