Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
This complete kit in a wheel comes in 26 inch and 700cc size, to be on the market soon, price rumored to be approx £330? If you have a bike you're happy with and don't want the expense of changing to an e bike this may be worth looking at. Don't be put off by the colour as red will not be the only choice. Its a complete kit in a wheel, which contains batteries (changeable) controls and importantly a torque sensor. There is no wiring, you control it with your smart phone.

Its a direct drive motor. Now these can be pretty powerful and near silent, down side not so great on hill climbing but you would have to try, it it may be OK. Obviously a test ride recommended to see if it works for you. the thing is you can fit it to a really nice spec bike and if you're in an area when touring thats flat, drop wheel out and put original back in less then 5 min job. Its takes a full rear cassette so double or triple gearing still available

pre orders here :)
https://www.superpedestrian.com/

edit: Hmm.... well in the link pre orders are $949 approx £600 not what I read elsewhere! it may come down once on market:(

Last edited:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Looks good but I'd be more impressed if it were invented in Switzerland instead of Denmark. :cautious:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
What a great idea. Not sure about the 'app' control thing though. Maybe a remote stand alone unit designed and customised to send radio instructions to the unit on a pre-specified channel might have been better. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
This complete kit in a wheel comes in 26 inch and 700cc size, to be on the market soon, price rumored to be approx £330? If you have a bike you're happy with and don't want the expense of changing to an e bike this may be worth looking at. Don't be put off by the colour as red will not be the only choice. Its a complete kit in a wheel, which contains batteries (changeable) controls and importantly a torque sensor. There is no wiring, you control it with your smart phone.

Its a direct drive motor. Now these can be pretty powerful and near silent, down side not so great on hill climbing but you would have to try, it it may be OK. Obviously a test ride recommended to see if it works for you. the thing is you can fit it to a really nice spec bike and if you're in an area when touring thats flat, drop wheel out and put original back in less then 5 min job. Its takes a full rear cassette so double or triple gearing still available

pre orders here :)
https://www.superpedestrian.com/

edit: Hmm.... well in the link pre orders are $949 approx £600 not what I read elsewhere! it may come down once on market:(

I think it's a fantastic idea - very intuitive
The price may seem high, but for many people they'd rather modify their existing bike rather than buy a whole new one, just to get an electric motor.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
A neat design, easily stolen of course unless you fitted some magic nuts. The advantage of a separate battery is you can remove it both for charging and security. Often the battery is the most expensive bit of the installation. I also suspect range won't be good as it isn't very big - but for many it will be ideal and the price is very good.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
A neat design, easily stolen of course unless you fitted some magic nuts. The advantage of a separate battery is you can remove it both for charging and security. Often the battery is the most expensive bit of the installation. I also suspect range won't be good as it isn't very big - but for many it will be ideal and the price is very good.

Yes pinhead locks needed and a good lock obviously, I always use a cable as well through wheels.

https://www.pinheadlocks.com/store/en/

price cheaper in this review. and battery 6Ah, other review that said 10. something which would be pretty good. But you can carry spares and slot them in. Plus on a real light bike with multiple gearing I think it would do the job

http://electricbikereview.com/superpedestrian/copenhagen-wheel/

will just have to look at reviews for feedback on range...

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Looks interesting and a lot cheaper than the competition just need to wait for the disc brake version, both our bikes have hydraulic discs & I wouldn't want to be without them.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I was thinking more on the challenge from the landscape. :)

in that case better to go for a centre drive motor ( Bosch. Panasonic. new Yamaha)

I can get up hills that can make a grown man cry:giggle:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Looks interesting and a lot cheaper than the competition just need to wait for the disc brake version, both our bikes have hydraulic discs & I wouldn't want to be without them.

Me too ............. looks good though (y)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Saw this on Click this morning, looks great , but apparently not available til June.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'm sure I've said this before, it will not deliver.

There is no technology that can pack enough battery into that space to make it anything like as good as a conventional ebike. All you have to do is look at the size of the latest ebike batteries.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back