Phablet ordered (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Its spec looks fine, but do you really want a phone as big as a table mat.
My opinion is that phones and tablet computers have different requirements and any thing that claims to be both will probably not be very good as either. The same applies to cameras, a phone or tablet can be used if nothing else is available, but won't be anything like as good as a proper camera.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Its spec looks fine, but do you really want a phone as big as a table mat.
My opinion is that phones and tablet computers have different requirements and any thing that claims to be both will probably not be very good as either. The same applies to cameras, a phone or tablet can be used if nothing else is available, but won't be anything like as good as a proper camera.
Yeah understand that, what I am after is a tablet that I an install kodi on to watch TV in france, so what I want is to use the free data on my 3 sim if there is no wifi available but still be able to use my sim for phone calls without having to keep changing from tablet to phone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
well as you probably know and are fed up of hearing me rabbiting on about it , I have finaly bitten the bullet and ordered this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Q2N12DS/?tag=mhf04-21
Direct from China , will I get hit with customs duty ? Is it any good? Anyone know?

It looks good for what you want (y) I have an Asus Phablet which is bonkers to use as a normal mobile but we use it in the van over bluetooth and that's fine :)

The 'trick' which you have already worked out is that you can use your '3' phone card for data...................... we have been doing that for the last 2 years and although the 7in screen is a little smaller than other tablets it is actually quite big enough for watching films etc:D

We use ours for the GPS and also stream Radio 4 over the van speakers when abroad (y)

Enjoy :D:D:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back